Sign in with
Your question

Asus M4A89GTD Pro

Last response: in Motherboards
February 23, 2012 4:14:22 PM

Asus M4A89GTD Pro/ USB 3.0 motherboard... hex core
I activated all 6 cores in the Bios, but other than that, I think the Bios is the default config...

I can not find the correlating information for the software settings within Vegas Pro 11.o, using my system config, and the GeForce GTX570 graphics card...

The software asks for Dynamic Ram assigned to the GPU on the Nivida ... defaults at 256...
And the number of rendering threads... max is 16

The system is Windows 7x64 w/ 16GB @3200MHz and the AMD Phenom II X61090T processor....

I have a 850w Antec Truepower PS...

My software seems to crash a lot, and I am not sure if it is because I am using NewBlueFX plugins...??

There are so many variables I don't understand I need help...
This forum has some "Geniuses" to communicate with...

Consultation is very valuable to me, but I am an old starving artist..

if you wish to see what I am doing with my system, youtube.com/jesterpro is my channel where I post clips. There is a lot of music on there, and MMA...

More about : asus m4a89gtd pro

a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 4:28:36 PM

Shouldnt have to enable the cores, if its a 6 core processor, turn off core unlocker. If it isnt a 6 core, but a Zambezi which can be unlocked to 6 cores, then keep the core unlocker on. If its is a native 6 core but you purchased it as a quad core, turn off the core unlocker. unlocking the cores may be causing instability, afterall they are shut off for a reason. Update all your drivers, specially vid and try again.
m
l
February 23, 2012 4:33:16 PM

Thank you very much for your quick reply...
It is a native 6 core MB...
I am on it... I'll let you know if it helped when I have evaluated it...
May many blessings come your way today...
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 4:37:53 PM

Guess if I had read all of the info I woulda seen you have a 1090T. But definitely if you have the core unlocker turned on either by the switch on the board or in the BIOS, turn it off.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 5:26:01 PM

What RAM do you have installed? make sure that you have set the correct timings, and voltage in the BIOS for the memory you have installed.
m
l
February 23, 2012 5:32:25 PM

I am now rendering much faster, and it appears to be more stable... I was stupid to change the default bios... jest smart enough to be dangerous...

I have had another problem with my system's recognition of my USB 3.0 devices... I have 2 external Seagate 3.0 drives that I can't plug in at the same time and see them both... it's one or the other?

Again, I thank you for your time and knowledge you are generously sharing with me..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 5:43:17 PM

Try switching the externals up and see if the same HD has issues being plugged into another port. The 3.0 ports on the back of the PC are the blue ones.
m
l
March 1, 2012 12:56:46 AM

I found the specs for my ram... timing is 9-9-9 and volts are 1.7 However when I went into my Bios, I found a whole bunch of ram voltages, and none of them were 1.7 volts... I didn't know which one to change... I found some timing bios that had the top 3 items were all 9, so I think that is set correctly... I'll go get the names of all the voltages and maybe you can tell me which one is supposed to be 1.7v...
m
l
March 1, 2012 1:04:13 AM

The ram I have is OCZ PC3-10666 Gold Series - 1333MHz - 1.7v - 240 pin - CL 9-9-9 compatible with Intel P35 - 2 x 2048 mb I am running 64-bit Windows 7 with the newest release... and I also just updated Vegas Pro11 Build 595 yesterday, so I will have to evaluate the original malfunctioning GPU settings... Do you work with Vegas Pro 11. ?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 1, 2012 11:55:17 AM

jesterpro said:
The ram I have is OCZ PC3-10666 Gold Series - 1333MHz - 1.7v - 240 pin - CL 9-9-9 compatible with Intel P35 - 2 x 2048 mb I am running 64-bit Windows 7 with the newest release... and I also just updated Vegas Pro11 Build 595 yesterday, so I will have to evaluate the original malfunctioning GPU settings... Do you work with Vegas Pro 11. ?

That memorydoesn't appear to be on the QVL for that motherboard. Doesn't mean it won't work, just that ASUS hasn't tested it and therefore won't recommend it.
The RAM voltage is set in the BIOS on the Ai Tweaker menu.. look at the DRAM Voltage setting. that should be 1.7 volts or as close as you can get. If it won't go to at least 1.7 volts, that may be the reason that the RAM isn't on the QVL.

I have no experience with Vegas Pro, can't help you there. Sorry!
m
l
March 2, 2012 6:27:20 PM

I was able to reset the DRAM to 1.7 volts... It seems to be stable... Time will tell... Thank you so much for your valuable information... It has helped me out a lot... I hope you have a great weekend..
m
l
March 12, 2012 4:07:25 PM

My system seems to be working better, although I did have a blue screen crash, and still experienced a couple of the Nvida 570 card failure/resets.. incompatible ram may be my problem ?? or the software... ? Do you know of a "ram test" utility ? Thank you for your time...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 12, 2012 5:18:08 PM

jesterpro said:
My system seems to be working better, although I did have a blue screen crash, and still experienced a couple of the Nvida 570 card failure/resets.. incompatible ram may be my problem ?? or the software... ? Do you know of a "ram test" utility ? Thank you for your time...

Most around here would recommend MEMTEST86. you can google it and download for free.

Also download the latest Nvidia drivers for your 570.

Good luck!
m
l
March 22, 2012 3:51:22 AM

I am not sure which was "The Best Answer"... both answers were valuable about de-activating the 6 cores, and the setup for the ram voltage... My system is 90% more stable thanks to the advice I got on this forum... This forum gets my vote for "Best Forum"... Thank You Gentlemen....
m
l
!