Sign in with
Your question

Should i wait for bulldozer or come or should i buy my intel i5 2500k?

Last response: in CPUs
June 22, 2011 4:01:38 AM

Should I wait or should I buy the intel 5 2500k the 506 dollar build newegg has offered. I wanna know would the performance be big or not. And how long would I wait lol i heard between june 20th and july..

Anyone??
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2011 5:30:13 AM

blue90 said:
Should I wait or should I buy the intel 5 2500k the 506 dollar build newegg has offered. I wanna know would the performance be big or not. And how long would I wait lol i heard between june 20th and july..

Anyone??

Hi blue90!
Lack of information on bulldozer and architecture has made most people go for a i5 2500k build.Even though it MIGHT make intel prices more competitive but it remains to be seen.In actual fact the i5 2500k is still an amazing cpu.

Here is a look at the Intel SB arch:
http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT0918....
m
l
June 22, 2011 6:02:33 AM

Well, see I do play runescape, and I run multi bots (java scripts) which are coded to do actions. I dont know if I should get a 2600k or a 2500k now because of the hyprothreading, I am not sure if it uses this or not. I assume it would because the bots are very cpu intense and it has to feed code in a fast rate to keep the actions going.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2011 6:09:39 AM

blue90 said:
Well, see I do play runescape, and I run multi bots (java scripts) which are coded to do actions. I dont know if I should get a 2600k or a 2500k now because of the hyprothreading, I am not sure if it uses this or not. I assume it would because the bots are very cpu intense and it has to feed code in a fast rate to keep the actions going.

Possibly, but most enthusiasts feel the extra $100 is not worth it as it doesn't make games run any faster. The i5 is a good choice, most software (still) does not take advantage of more than 4 cores.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2011 6:58:05 AM

We must also not forget the extra 2mb of Cache.Any way Hyprothreading as OP mentioned or more correctly term Hyperthreading is a technology that uses spare execution space of the cpu.In other words if there is any space in between operations or commands Hyperthreading inputs them into the spare space.

m
l
June 22, 2011 3:43:33 PM

So does this mean it will take advantage of that then?
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2011 4:37:47 PM

Only multithreaded apps do take advantage of Hyperthreading.
Photoshopping, video editing etc.
m
l
a c 472 à CPUs
June 22, 2011 9:05:22 PM

Games do not benefit from Hyper Threading (HT).

I don't know if java scripts can utilize HT; I'm guessing they cannot.

The extra 2MB of cache shouldn't have a material impact with games.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2011 9:30:36 PM

Actually, games and applications do take advantage of multithreading as long as they are written to do so, and as more computers can support multithreaded environments, you will find more games and applications designed to support these environments. Some of the most recent games take advantage of two or more cores, for example.

If you are a person who typically multitasks on their computer (i.e., you like to cruise the web while you are encoding a movie, burning a DVD, running virus scan and backing up data), then you will benefit from from multiple cores and hyperthreading. While most people tend to be single-task oriented, they would still benefit from additional cores to handle tasks or services that run in the background.
m
l
a c 472 à CPUs
June 22, 2011 9:44:56 PM

Multi-threaded and Hyper Threading are not one and the same. To use HT, the program must be specifically designed to take advantage of it.

m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2011 1:18:17 AM

Thats why i said only multithreaded do take advantage of Hyperthreading.
Maybe i am wrong here.I didnt said all of them do.But yes they are diffferent.They still need implementative measures to take root in any software.
m
l
!