Need help with working machine that suddenly won't POST.

mimart

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hello,

I'm having a problem with my new build. It has worked fine for a few days after I restored Windows 7 using a system image. Now, all of a sudden, it won't POST. I'm getting a debug code of "34" (CPU post-memory initialization). I get nothing but a black screen; monitor shows "no signal".

I've had several problems with this machine not wanting to boot to Windows normally prior to this, but I've always been able to get to the BIOS, or, the last time, Windows 7 safe mode. I've reinstalled the OS twice after the suggested fixes from Windows 7 forums didn't work. As I mentioned above, I restored the system with a system image after the last glitch.

I installed a game (BioShock) on my machine this morning to the secondary HDD. My OS is on the primary SSD.

The game seemed to work fine. I played for about an hour, then exited and checked my email. No problems. I went to several other sites to pay bills. Still no problems.

Now, several hours later, I go to the machine and see a blank screen. I checked the Debug LED and it showed "AA" (System has transitioned into ACPI mode. Interrupt controller is in APIC mode). I powered off and back on and I get the 34 Debug code.

I hope some of you folks can guide me to a resolution of this latest glitch. Thanks in advance.

mimart

Asus Maximus IV Gene Z/Gen 3
Intel i5 2500K
Corsair Vengeance 8gb RAM
MSI TwinFrozr GeForce GTX560Ti 2gb
Intel 320 Series 80gb SSD
Seagate 7200rpm 1tb HDD
Corsair 750W Pro PSU

UPDATE: I've not received much response from this thread, although there have been a lot of readers. Is it time to take the machine to a shop?

Since this original post, I've unplugged power and removed the RAM sticks one at a time and powered up after each removal. No Go!

Also, cleared the CMOS for the second time by jumpering after unplugging power, removing the battery and waiting 20-30 minutes. No Go!

Still getting Debug code "34". One beep code. Q-Led: Boot Device and nothing else. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

mimart

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

Thanks for your suggestion. I did as you said, but unfortunately there is no change. Machine still will not POST. I'm still showing the same Debug code: 34. Monitor display showing "no signal" and then going to sleep. Any other suggestions or guesses as to what may be happening. Thanks.