ASRock Extreme3 Gen 3. No feed to monitor

Brownie4life

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
So I just got the parts from Newegg and everything hooked up. But this frigging computer won't POST.

MY specs are:

CPU: Intel 2500k
Mobo: ASRock extreme3 gen 3
Ram: G-Data 8 gb ddr3 1600
GPU: Gigabyte 1gb 560 ti
Crucial 64 gb SSD
Hyper 212 plus for cpu cooling
PSU: Corsair 750w Proffesional Series
Case: Haf 922

So everything seems to be hooked up perfectly. The pc turns on fine, and all the fans turn on, including the cpu fan connected to the mobo, so the mobo is getting power. Plus the led lights on the mobo work fine too.

For the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong. It's my 5th build, so im not a complete idiot, but im not a computer genius either. Any help would be awesome, Thanks guys.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Intel 2500k or 2550k? If it's the 2550k you need a BIOS of version 1.3 or greater. There should be a little square sticker somewhere on the motherboard that indicates the BIOS revision that is installed on the motherboard.

raven2510

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Ok, first have you gone through the checklist to make sure all your connections are tight?

You say no monitor output...from the 560 or the onboard? Have you tried switching them?

FYI the Bios sticker is on the bottom right corner on a flash chip.

Brownie4life

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Well it turns out the reason it woulnd't work is because the BIOS had Ide enabled for SATA and when i did a core boot without my video card, it finally posted. Got everything fixed, but I still don't get sound oddly enough. Anyone with this Mobo know why sound won't work?

Brownie4life

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

I'm trying to get onboard sound. There's no POST beep, and anything i connect to it (Headphones, 2.0 speakers, mic) won't work. The driver's are all up to date. I did hook up the GPU to the monitor through hdmi and the monitor speakers work though. So i'm completely at a loss.

raven2510

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
So your just not getting the "post screen" beep? That's not from onboard audio. Its actually a little speaker you install, should have come with the ASRock mobo.

Are you hooking them up from the back or the front. I know the asrock mobo has an audio port setting that can be changed depending on your setup.

Brownie4life

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
The mobo didn't come with any speaker. It should have onboard integrated audio.

And i'm not getting any sound period. I've hooked up them up to my chassis front panel and the back, as well as change my southbridge audio settings.

What speaker are you talking about exactly?

2wheelfan

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Something called a motherboard or case speaker. It is only about 1cm in diameter...and mounts to the mobo. This speaker is what provides the single post beep to let you know the mobo thinks things are OK. Newegg sells them and many cases or mobos don't come with a speaker any longer...mine didn't.
Btw...case speaker polarity matters.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

You can only have 1 audio output device enabled at a time. If the speakers on your monitor are functional, then your onboard sound is disabled. You need to go into sound properties and change the default output device to your onboard sound.