Sign in with
Your question

Best Overall Graphics Card for $70 or under?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2011 3:54:50 AM

Hello there hardware experts,

I need a new graphics card for around $70 or less. My old Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT has become way too loud and is malfunctioning internally with very high temperatures. I watch Netflix movies and I want to be able Blu rays with my PC, with some casual gaming on the side since I don't own a console. Anybody know a good graphics card for a budget? I know it may seem low, but are there any cheap ones I can overclock easily for better performance? Fan HAS to be quiet, using as a HTPC. Not sticking to any particular manufacturer, it just has to work well. I was originally using a DVI to HDMI cable, but it would be really nice to have a straight HDMI connection.

Basic Specs:

Dell Dimension 5150
32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Pentium D Smithfield LGA 775 Socket
Dual 2GB SDRAM DDR2 GSkill RAM
128GB Kingston SSDNow SNV-425
1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
LG Blu-Ray DVD-RW Combo Drive
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D

More about : graphics card

a c 172 U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 4:53:03 AM

5670 or gt240 is all you will get for that money. I think it would also be worth while to upgrade your cpu to a core 2 duo, either second hand or new. Im wondering why you have the SSD? the money would have been better spent on another 2gb ram and faster cpu.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 6:31:04 AM

The best card close to your price range is the 5670. The link jaguarskx provided is a very good solution.
m
l
a c 219 U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 12:52:32 PM

+1 for the 5670. Great card/performance for the $$$.
m
l
!