Thermaltake level 10 GT problems (No HDD detected, fans + controls not working)

Bevos

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Hello, I spent today working on the computer I am building using a 2600k processor with Asus p8p67 motherboard, two SATA 6GB 1TB storage HDD, and a 120 gig SSD by crucial in a thermaltake level 10 GT case. Everything is running with a few exceptions that I attribute to this wonky case! The documentation for this case is completely abysmal and despite having built several systems before I am stuck.
Basically, when I start the computer it detects no HDD and the top and side fan do not start as well as the case's fan control on the top do not light up or work. This case features some 'hot-swappable' drive bays where I have installed my drives. I've made sure to connect on the back the power to the strip going to each of the swappable bays (I also tried by connecting a standard connection to each bay) as well as using a SATA cable for each bay. None of these has resulted in a working computer. I desperately wish to just have a standard connection rather than this garbage, but can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? As for the fans, I have no idea. I followed the terrible instructions but it isn't working. (It just has some cryptic diagram of 4 connections going into who knows what)

daftk

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Same problem. It wont detect my hard drives. Neither in the Bios nor in the OS installation.

I have checked all cables are connected. So why is it not detecting the hard drives???

Kaosktrl

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Same problem HD works when cables are bypassed to the MB. SO the MB is not fried . The whole point was the cable control the GT offered The SATA sockets strip seem dead with no cable to connect the strip. No solution since 2011 ?

Mr Fredrick No

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

Im having the same issue have you found anything yet?

Nxtrice

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
You guys are right. I was able to get my ssd working (i have it in the second slot from the top) but it didn't recognize it, I had to use disk management (control panel type disk management) to format it. My problem was easier because I already loaded windows 10 on my MB's M.2 slot. I am here on this post because after more than a week of working on this build so cabling is nice etc. ... None of my case fans work. Not a single one. Level 10 GT Snow edition. I freaking hope I am missing something. Blood, sweat, time, stress, and anger have been spent. I need to figure out if I missed something. What connection does the rgb case fans use? I thought I connected everything. I better pull off the panels and see what I missed?