Sign in with
Your question

My newly build PC wont power on. Help please!

Last response: in Systems
March 22, 2011 6:28:17 PM

Hello,

So i just built my first new computer and i am having some issues on powering the computer up. I have the rosewill armor ATX case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) and unfortunately it didnt come with a user manual even though it was supposed to. I have the power supply connected to the motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) in the 24 pin slot and the 8 pin CPU slot. I connected the case's cables to the motherboard in the JFP1 slot with and without the MSI connector that the motherboard came with. I have tried plugging the cables into the motherboard in all the different ways and the system will not power on with anything i do. And yes the cable is connected to the powersupply and the powersupply was working on the previous computer it was connected to yesterday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

P.S. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum category.

More about : newly build wont power

a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2011 6:49:52 PM

Did you follow how to connect them in your MB's manual?
m
l
March 22, 2011 7:33:04 PM

Interesting. I looked high and low for a PDF manual for the product... Rosewill's own website doesn't have it on their downloads page.

Remind me never to buy a product from Rosewill...
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2011 7:34:19 PM

kilo_17 said:
Did you follow how to connect them in your MB's manual?

Yes i did but the cables that the manual has in it do not look the same as the cables the case provides, but i researched it and i connected them the correct way i am pretty sure
m
l
March 22, 2011 7:41:53 PM

traviskane said:
Interesting. I looked high and low for a PDF manual for the product... Rosewill's own website doesn't have it on their downloads page.

Remind me never to buy a product from Rosewill...

Yeah i am very disappointed in Rosewill, i wrote there support center to ask if there was anyway i can get a user manual so we will see where that gets me. I really want to get this computer working, i honestly hope that it's just the case that is faulty so then i can just get that replaced but i have no idea how to figure out what is causing the system to not power up.
m
l
March 22, 2011 7:50:45 PM

herm2477 said:
Yeah i am very disappointed in Rosewill, i wrote there support center to ask if there was anyway i can get a user manual so we will see where that gets me. I really want to get this computer working, i honestly hope that it's just the case that is faulty so then i can just get that replaced but i have no idea how to figure out what is causing the system to not power up.

Interesting. I had a very hard time with my rosewill challenger. Ended up having to reverse the PWR switch connector that comes from the front of the case to the mobo. Try that.
m
l
March 22, 2011 8:07:10 PM

Alright well i have discovered that the case is not the problem because i connected it to my old motherboard and it fired it right up, so it has to be the motherboard, correct?
m
l
March 22, 2011 8:23:14 PM

herm2477 said:
Alright well i have discovered that the case is not the problem because i connected it to my old motherboard and it fired it right up, so it has to be the motherboard, correct?

Right. I am betting that the connectors that run from the front of the case to the motherboard line up differently than the motherboard you're having problems with. I'm telling you, just switch the PWR connector the opposite way you think it should go. Worked for me on two different setups.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2011 8:31:20 PM

Or you can connect the reset switch from the case to the PWR switch header on your board and try powering it up using the reset switch.
m
l
!