Sign in with
Your question

Great motherboard without overclocking features?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 24, 2012 1:48:10 AM

Hi everyone,

I have two questions and would be grateful for your opinion:

1) I bought this power supply from newegg, this is what it says:

OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

I am not an expert but does in not just depend on the Main Connector? Because this one is 20+4Pin. More than anythings is that y would like to get one of those fx amd processors. Can I do that????

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2) I don't know much about motherboards but I have watched various presentation videos and it seems that the more expensive a motherboard is the more overclocking features, heat sensors and a whole bunch of stuff. So this is the thing; I would like to buy a good quality motherboard, I'd pay 150 a little more if it's really necessary, but do I really have to pay for all those features (overcloking, etc). The truth is that I just don't play with those features so for me is no deal.

Is there a motherboard that without so much stuff but that is modern, has the capacity to run 2 video cards (for multiple screens).

I build my pc and play with it, I clean it every 2 or 3 months but besides that I just work and play games on it so I have never really gotten into clocking.

Opinions please?

a c 328 V Motherboard
February 24, 2012 2:16:13 AM

fernandosaez said:
Hi everyone,

I have two questions and would be grateful for your opinion:

1) I bought this power supply from newegg, this is what it says:

OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

I am not an expert but does in not just depend on the Main Connector? Because this one is 20+4Pin. More than anythings is that y would like to get one of those fx amd processors. Can I do that????

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2) I don't know much about motherboards but I have watched various presentation videos and it seems that the more expensive a motherboard is the more overclocking features, heat sensors and a whole bunch of stuff. So this is the thing; I would like to buy a good quality motherboard, I'd pay 150 a little more if it's really necessary, but do I really have to pay for all those features (overcloking, etc). The truth is that I just don't play with those features so for me is no deal.

Is there a motherboard that without so much stuff but that is modern, has the capacity to run 2 video cards (for multiple screens).

I build my pc and play with it, I clean it every 2 or 3 months but besides that I just work and play games on it so I have never really gotten into clocking.

Opinions please?

Hi there,

That PSU is great and it will work with AMD as well.

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 24, 2012 2:16:30 AM

What is your CPU?
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2012 2:33:39 AM

nikorr said:
What is your CPU?

Thanks for answering! I still don't have a CPU, I quess I'm just starting with the motherboard. I got the powersupply first only cause it was 50 bucks with the rebate.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 24, 2012 2:48:43 AM

OK what is your budget and what u need to get?

mobo, CPU, GPU ?

Post details on what u need and where u are shopping for the parts(USA?)
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 24, 2012 2:51:48 AM

Do u game or not?
m
l
February 24, 2012 2:53:30 AM

Helz yea! :)  I would like to play battlefield 3 on high for as cheap as possible.
m
l
!