Flashed rev 1.0 on accident, board is rev 1.1 Gigabyte GA-990xa ud3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spladam

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Hello, please help Tom's Hardware Gurus. When I first went to Gigabyte's site and did a search for my mobo's bios, the only link you get is the 990xa ud3 rev1.0 (you can do it now, still does the same thing, not like it's important to find the right one). I thought that is what you were supposed to use. Worked fine. Then here comes the dreaded Bulldozer steam BSOD for Portal 2, Deus Ex Hr, and Homefront. AMD has suggested that I flash bios version F6. I have version F9. You see the F6 fix is for rev1.1 board's (I suspect) but both of my flash utilities (q-flash and @bios) will not flash the F6 version telling me that it is the wrong bios. How do I get the revision 1.1 bios to work on my board so that I can flash the F6 version? Again, my board is a rev 1.1, I just flashed the 1.0 by mistake, glad it didn't brick me. You guy's think it's safe to continue updating with the 1.0 revisions, done it twice so far. Apparently my board "thinks" it's a 1.0. How do I make it know it's a 1.1.

Solution
i know its old topic... but a few week ago i buy a ga-990xa-ud3 with 16gb corsair memory and antec cooler and ssd ..
and when i finished install all hardware i found a bsod and crashing and all of this problems... i did all think to try fix or just know what the problem.. my mother board is rev1.1 and the @bios shows rev1.0 .. and i see on gigabyte web site really theres no matter what rev you have because all of revs 1.0/1.1/1.2 have the same bios update latest is f13.. also its shows (rev. 1.x)... but the 1.3 have another bios update ... so i'm still on my problem.. trying to fix
OK, how do u know it is a rev 1.1 and not 1.0?

What is shown in the CPU-Z? @ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

softwares-cpuz-03.jpg

spladam

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
That's your chipset revision, not you motherboard revision. It says 02. Which is the revision of my chipset. My motherboard can be only 1.0 or 1.1, the 1.0 goes up to bios version f9, but the 1.1 only goes to f6. I know it's 1.1 because it's printed on the motherboard itself.

Akay666

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
i know its old topic... but a few week ago i buy a ga-990xa-ud3 with 16gb corsair memory and antec cooler and ssd ..
and when i finished install all hardware i found a bsod and crashing and all of this problems... i did all think to try fix or just know what the problem.. my mother board is rev1.1 and the @bios shows rev1.0 .. and i see on gigabyte web site really theres no matter what rev you have because all of revs 1.0/1.1/1.2 have the same bios update latest is f13.. also its shows (rev. 1.x)... but the 1.3 have another bios update ... so i'm still on my problem.. trying to fix

Solution

spladam

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011

You are correct, I have figured out that shortly after I encountered my problem, Gigabyte consolidated all of the revisions into one update, probably due to issues like this.
Thanks for the suggestions guys

Status
Not open for further replies.