Bad MB USB ports!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosa

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I have had my current MB for a little over 2 years now ever sense I got it it always had this issue. it is not major but really annoying and can be disruptive at times.

The noise will be as if I plugged in a mouse in the USB port. it makes that noise and my mouse stalls for about 1-2 seconds. Sometimes it only happens a few times a day. Normally happens right when I start up my computer or it gets intense in a video game.

Sense I have got my MB I have replaced every part on my computer but the Processor. and I still have the problem.

I have a Logitech MX518 mouse , did not replace yet and have used every port the Motherboard has to try to find a good one

Have even tried another mouse still got issue

Installed driver and disabled the driver windows auto installed when I put the mouse in, that did alive-ate the problem but did not knock it out.

Keyboard is a Logitech G15 have had no noticeable issues with it.

One last thing on CoolMaster HAF tower has faulty USB ports in the front of the tower.

Say my computer is running and I hook up a device to one of the USB sockets, it sometimes shorts out and restarts my computer. the two USB ports on the far left of the tower are really sensitive and I have to always avoid them.

Could this be causing issues with my USB MB ports also!? :heink:

Solution
Have you checked inside the usb ports .... one of the bloody connectors might shorting or be even broken. Also check the soldering on the motherboard you never know :??: what you will find(one of the solder legs might cracked or cut ).
Hope this helps you.

snakebitex

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Have you checked inside the usb ports .... one of the bloody connectors might shorting or be even broken. Also check the soldering on the motherboard you never know :??: what you will find(one of the solder legs might cracked or cut ).
Hope this helps you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.