Solved

What do you guys think of my i5 2500k build?

12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what guys 2500k build
  1. Hello johnnyb_27;

It does seem to be missing the i5 2500K.
    And a few other parts as well.
  2. I know I fix's it for some reason when it sent it while i was still typing but check it out.
  3. Best answer
    That's looking much better.
    You can get the HDD and Win7 in a combo deal

With the i5 2500K you want to add a CPU cooler. Look for the Hyper 212+ in a combo deal with the CPU.
  4. Is this a gaming build?

8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM is already more than you need. 16GB is just way too much. You don't get anything like an extra $140's worth of performance.

i5 2500K & Corsair A50 CPU cooler combo deal <-- also a good combo after rebate.
  5. WR2 said:
    Is this a gaming build?

8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM is already more than you need. 16GB is just way too much. You don't get anything like an extra $140's worth of performance.

i5 2500K & Corsair A50 CPU cooler combo deal <-- also a good combo after rebate.

Yes this is a gaming build.
  6. WR2 said:
    Is this a gaming build?

Also if i get this combo: Sparkle GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) For $564.98
    It only brings my overall price too $1,386.90. What I'm trying to do is build a good computer that is going to last me along time.
  7. What monitor resolution are you gaming on?
  8. How about adding an SSD? The OCZ Vertex 3 is supposed to be on sale tomorrow. Once you have an SSD, you'll never want to go back to a regular HDD.
  9. WR2 said:
    What monitor resolution are you gaming on?

I was just planning on using a my 47in hdtv.
  10. SteveGP said:
    How about adding an SSD? The OCZ Vertex 3 is supposed to be on sale tomorrow. Once you have an SSD, you'll never want to go back to a regular HDD.

I'll look in to that.
  11. For 1920x1080 HD TV resolution a GTX 570 is going to be a great match.
  12. Best answer selected by johnnyb_27.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product