Sign in with
Your question

Tv pc pal-secam capture card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2011 10:52:23 AM

Hello,

Can anybody recommend PC TV capture card for grabbing videos from VHS video recorder as well as from my Sony HI8 camcorder (not digital) please?

Requirements are that can work under win7 64bit and that has support (if I said correctly) for PAL.

Thanks in advance

Dejan

More about : pal secam capture card

January 18, 2011 11:00:23 AM

I assume by the use of PAL that you are not in the US, where can you buy from? I just got my mom this card and it works wells, but its NTSC not PAL.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you get a TV tuner card that has a hybrid or a combo tuner it can get digital or analog so you wont need to worry.
m
l
January 18, 2011 11:31:23 AM

Well I am in Europe. As far as I can see that Hauppauge is really good PC TV card. Only thing is if there is a model that works under PAL system?
I'll try to find it over internet.

Does anybody has some experience with grabbing from e.g. VHS?

Dejan
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2011 4:42:00 AM

hunter315 said:
I assume by the use of PAL that you are not in the US, where can you buy from? I just got my mom this card and it works wells, but its NTSC not PAL.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you get a TV tuner card that has a hybrid or a combo tuner it can get digital or analog so you wont need to worry.

As I mentioned in my previous reply I'm not sure how does that TV card working with grabbing.

Does anybody has some experiences with grabbing form VHS or Sony HI8 (not digital camcorder) please?

Dejan
m
l
January 25, 2011 11:58:05 AM

If you can run it in on a standard Coax RF cable it should appear on channel 3 or 4 and you can record it from there, if it runs in on a different type of cable it could be more interesting.
m
l
January 28, 2011 5:22:16 AM

hunter315 said:
If you can run it in on a standard Coax RF cable it should appear on channel 3 or 4 and you can record it from there, if it runs in on a different type of cable it could be more interesting.

OK.... From both both devices I can have 3 cables (I dunno name for it because English language is not my native language) but those cables looks like 3 cinch in 3 colors (white, yellow and red) which I suppose to plug into TV capture card. Also I might use S video in and out but only if I have to.

Now I want to know did anybody try to grabb something from eg. VCR and does it works? Is quality good? If not is which TV card for grabbing you can recommend please? Grabbing is my priority and second one is if I can watch TV.

Bookmaster
m
l
!