Closed Solved

8800gt sound issues

Hi,
i recently installed an 8800gt in my intel q6600 and ECS P35T-a motherboard system. I installed all of the latest drivers and whenever the GPU is rendering something intense like hi-def video or a game the audio stutters and jitters, hanging up audio and also causing the video to shutter as well. I have tried every setting out there, lowest to highest along with reinstalling drivers.
do i need to change something on the motherboard? bios flash? just an issue with the card itself? should i uninstall the latest nvidia drivers and install some from the geforce 8 series era?
please help,
thanks,
mitch
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8800gt sound issues
  1. Best answer
    It might take some time, but its worth giving a go:
    Uninstall all drivers, then install the motherboard drivers first, then the GPU drivers and then the sound drivers.
  2. Tamz_msc said:
    It might take some time, but its worth giving a go:
    Uninstall all drivers, then install the motherboard drivers first, then the GPU drivers and then the sound drivers.

uninstalling mobo drivers won;t mess anything up? and how DO I uninstall/install new motherboard drivers?
  3. zaknafiend said:
    uninstalling mobo drivers won;t mess anything up? and how DO I uninstall/install new motherboard drivers?

No, it would not mess anything up.Just use the driver CD that came with the motherboard.
  4. Tamz_msc said:
    No, it would not mess anything up.Just use the driver CD that came with the motherboard.

yeah, funny thing is, all the parts are used so I don;t have it D:
    which leaves me in a bind, anywhere I could get a burnable image the driver disk online?
  5. Best answer selected by zaknafiend.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Motherboards Graphics