Sign in with
Your question
Closed

8800gt sound issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2011 2:12:45 PM

Hi,
i recently installed an 8800gt in my intel q6600 and ECS P35T-a motherboard system. I installed all of the latest drivers and whenever the GPU is rendering something intense like hi-def video or a game the audio stutters and jitters, hanging up audio and also causing the video to shutter as well. I have tried every setting out there, lowest to highest along with reinstalling drivers.
do i need to change something on the motherboard? bios flash? just an issue with the card itself? should i uninstall the latest nvidia drivers and install some from the geforce 8 series era?
please help,
thanks,
mitch

More about : 8800gt sound issues

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 2:21:08 PM

It might take some time, but its worth giving a go:
Uninstall all drivers, then install the motherboard drivers first, then the GPU drivers and then the sound drivers.
January 18, 2011 3:32:52 PM

Tamz_msc said:
It might take some time, but its worth giving a go:
Uninstall all drivers, then install the motherboard drivers first, then the GPU drivers and then the sound drivers.

uninstalling mobo drivers won;t mess anything up? and how DO I uninstall/install new motherboard drivers?
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2011 1:52:39 PM

zaknafiend said:
uninstalling mobo drivers won;t mess anything up? and how DO I uninstall/install new motherboard drivers?

No, it would not mess anything up.Just use the driver CD that came with the motherboard.
Score
January 20, 2011 7:05:50 PM

Tamz_msc said:
No, it would not mess anything up.Just use the driver CD that came with the motherboard.

yeah, funny thing is, all the parts are used so I don;t have it D:
which leaves me in a bind, anywhere I could get a burnable image the driver disk online?
Score
January 27, 2011 1:21:10 AM

Best answer selected by zaknafiend.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
January 27, 2011 10:35:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!