Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a new motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 24, 2012 5:21:04 PM

Im being cheap and want to get more performance without spending too much money. Trying to spend as least amount as i can. My PC right now is an Emachines ET1331g-03w with a few mods. Added a Cooler master 650w PSU, Cooler master heat piped (3 pipes) cpu cooler, another HDD and a EVGA GTX 570.

The Athlon II x2 235e @2.7ghz is the bottleneck. I though about putting a better processor in but research led me to believe this mobo can only handle 65w processors. So im looking for a replacement mobo that supports the same ram, and cpu but has over clocking features. The memory in speccy is reading 6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-18) and the motherboard is reading MCP61PM-GM.

Im on newegg looking for a board right now and was wondering about the memory standard. If i choose a motherboard with a standard of ddr2 1066/ddr31600 could i use my same ram i have now and later upgrade? Or should i just get a mobo with the best DDR3 standard and buy a couple sticks of ram along with it. I am trying to be cheap here.

TL;DR Looking for a new motherboard to switch over all my components but has overclocking ability.

More about : motherboard

!