HP laptop screen background becomes blue

lihs1159

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Hello,my HP Pavillion dv8000 laptop screen background becomes blue rather than the original black color. The black portion of pictures and videos all becomes blue color. There are no problems in screen and video card. The color is good when connected to an external display.I'd like to know how to solve the problem.

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
So, with an external monitor you have no issues at all but all the time your laptop display shows this blue issue?

Looks like one of two things. It could be that your color settings are messed up for your monitor. If you have a utility software installed for your graphics card, open it up and adjust the color settings. If not, then try doing it in windows under your monitor settings.

If that doesn't work, then most likely your laptop's display is messed up and you may have to replace it.

But that though, try to update the drivers for your graphics card and see if that helps.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Sounds like a bad LCD or bad LVDS cable. Cable usually gives itself away by causing an intermittent problem, or a problem that comes and goes if the screen is tilted. A bad LCD usually just stays once the problem happens.

lihs1159

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011

Thanks. The LCD is good and video card is good. For a few times I can have normal pictures. I think that BIOS may have problems but I can not open BIOS page. The screen becomes blue during start. It also show ripples on log-in screen. I hope HP a techniciancan tell me where the problems come from.

ShridharAtDell

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hi

Please contact our tech support and we should be able to help you fix the issue. You can contact us over the phone or reach us at @dellcares on twitter or facebook.com/dell

regards
ShridharAtDell