Samsung NW733 LCD auto image size ?

Specs:
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
Intel E2180 @ 2.0 ghz / 2x1GB Kingston PC-6400
ASUS ENGT430

SAMSUNG NW733 LCD 17' native 1440x900. Only 1 VGA port.

well, normally my samsung LCD has an option to chose image size ( auto / wide )

This work great with the onboard video card. ( G33 chipset )

However, after i installed my ASUS ENGT430, that feature ( auto image size ) just won't work anymore. Any resolution with 60hz ( 800x600, 640x480 ..) stretched wide and the infomation on the monitor menu report as 1440x900 @ 60hz.

In windows 7, even if i set my resolution to 800x600, the monitor still report 1440x900 @ 60hz.

In my NVIDIA Control Panel, there is no setting for scalling..etc... ( NVIDIA Forceware 265.35 Beta )

Can anyone help me with this ? Does the vga card faulty or something ?

7 answers Last reply
More about samsung nw733 auto image size
  1. Bit confused here, what are you trying to do and what is happening. Are you saying when you set the monitor resolution to lower it does not stay?
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    Bit confused here, what are you trying to do and what is happening. Are you saying when you set the monitor resolution to lower it does not stay?

plz take a look at the picture
  3. Uh ? Nobody ?
  4. Why don't you just use the native resolution of 1440x900?
  5. Helltech said:
    Why don't you just use the native resolution of 1440x900?

Because on some old games, 1440x900 settings doesn't exist
  6. Looks to be an issue with how the monitor reads the video card output. I don't think it's something that is actually broken, just the monitor and the video card don't talk well together. If no-one here has an answer for this, you may need to contact the monitor support and ask them.
  7. hang-the-9 said:
    Looks to be an issue with how the monitor reads the video card output. I don't think it's something that is actually broken, just the monitor and the video card don't talk well together. If no-one here has an answer for this, you may need to contact the monitor support and ask them.

Btw, I'm using a VGA cable and NVIDIA Control Panel has no screen scaling option, desktop scaling ... etc. Are those settings hidden by default ? ( 266.58 WHQL )
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus LCD Samsung Graphics