Should I get Win7 RTM even though I have the RC?

Lapton

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hi everyone! I'm going to be building a new PC soon, and was wondering if it would be necessary for me to get Windows 7 RTM. I have been using the RC for a few months on my current PC, and since it doesn't expire until March, I'm thinking of just using that on my new build. Would I be able to transfer the RC from my old PC to my new PC? Also, are there any major advantages of the RTM version? (Is is faster?, More Optimized?)

Solution

+1. Personally, I would buy it now if you can afford to, so you don't have to worry about it later. You still have 3 months before it will start rebooting every 2 hours automatically, and 6 months before it stops working completely.

+1. Personally, I would buy it now if you can afford to, so you don't have to worry about it later. You still have 3 months before it will start rebooting every 2 hours automatically, and 6 months before it stops working completely.

Solution

Lapton

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
well what I meant by not getting the 5870 is that it's $100 more than the 5850 (the other GPU I was thinking of getting), and Win 7 Home Premium OEM is $104.99. So they're about the same price. Anyway, I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do, so this thread can be closed.