Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Should I get Win7 RTM even though I have the RC?

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • New Build
Last response: in Windows 7
January 1, 2010 9:42:41 PM

Hi everyone! I'm going to be building a new PC soon, and was wondering if it would be necessary for me to get Windows 7 RTM. I have been using the RC for a few months on my current PC, and since it doesn't expire until March, I'm thinking of just using that on my new build. Would I be able to transfer the RC from my old PC to my new PC? Also, are there any major advantages of the RTM version? (Is is faster?, More Optimized?)

More about : win7 rtm

a b $ Windows 7
January 1, 2010 9:48:40 PM

All the bug fixes from the RC to the RTM will obviously be included. Either way, you'll still have to buy it at some point... so it's up to you if you want to buy it now or wait until the RC expires.
m
l

Best solution

a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 1, 2010 10:41:19 PM

Zoron said:
All the bug fixes from the RC to the RTM will obviously be included. Either way, you'll still have to buy it at some point... so it's up to you if you want to buy it now or wait until the RC expires.

+1. Personally, I would buy it now if you can afford to, so you don't have to worry about it later. You still have 3 months before it will start rebooting every 2 hours automatically, and 6 months before it stops working completely.
Related resources
January 2, 2010 1:10:17 AM

Yeah, I'll probably just buy the RTM from Newegg, it's just that for the same price I could upgrade my GPU to the 5870 :ange: 
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 2, 2010 1:18:00 AM

What good is a new video card if you can't use it after June 1st?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 2, 2010 2:48:49 AM

Who says you have to buy Ultimate? You could easily get by with Pro or Home Premium I'm sure.
m
l
January 2, 2010 3:26:23 PM

well what I meant by not getting the 5870 is that it's $100 more than the 5850 (the other GPU I was thinking of getting), and Win 7 Home Premium OEM is $104.99. So they're about the same price. Anyway, I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do, so this thread can be closed.
m
l
!