I have a friend with a computer using an ECS motherboard (ECS H67H2-M3). He bought this computer a few months ago and since the beginning he's been having this problem, Windows reboots itself out of the blue (no crashes, but random reboots).
He was suggested to upgrade the BIOS using their eBlu utility, he's never done it before (nor have I) and so he's afraid to break his computer.
I have a few questions about this:
1. Is it safe to upgrade the BIOS using the eBlu utility?
2. Do you have this same mobo and have had the same problem? if so, did you manage to fix it and how?
3. What is the best way to protect yourself before making a BIOS update?
4. Is it possible to restore a computer to its previous state if there's an error after the BIOS update?
5. Is there something else that could be causing this problem and not really the motherboard?
Intel iCore 3 2100
2 GB RAM (brand don't know ATM, I can ask)
ECS H67H2-M3 Motherboard
Windows XP SP3
If you need any other details, please let me know.
Might i ask, are there any other PC specs you can provide. because this may or may not be BIOS issues. but i had my computer do such before because of other reasons like power supply wasnt good enoug or Graphics card issues