Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Having memory problems and more.

Last response: in Motherboards
February 25, 2012 3:23:06 AM

Today I finished building my first build. I did everything right except purchase two incompatible memory sticks for my motherboard. I'm already ordering new ones that are compatible with the motherboard. Now on to my main concern.

Most of the things on the mobo seem to be working fine, the fans are spinning and blowing cool air into my build, the DVD burner functions properly, and the power supply is working. But there's one problem. I connected my old Dell M782 CRT (Yes, CRT...) monitor to my computer and nothing was displayed on the monitor. It was like in standby mode or something. Right now I'm worried that it may be my CPU which is an AMD A8-3870K, an integrated chip (CPU and GPU on one die... I think we get it), my motherboard (somewhat unlikely), something caused by the incompatible memory issue or not having the memory sticks in at all, or the monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I've been at this all day and I don't know what to do right now. By the way, here's the set up:

1. LG 22X Super-Multi DVD Burner

2. Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W

3. ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

4. Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

5. Patriot Signature 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PSD34G1600K (This one is incompatible as I stated above)

6. AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D

7. Dell M782 17" CRT monitor

There's one thing I forgot to mention. I haven't put the hard drive in yet. I have a SATA 2.5 inch drive and it's in the laptop I'm currently using right now. I have to wipe out all of my data on it before using it for my desktop. Before that, I have to get a copy of Windows and a USB Network Adapter for my desktop (a network cable would be too long). I'm not sure if the lack of a hard drive may be the reason why my I'm not seeing anything on my monitor.

One other thing. Should I use 2x2GB ram or 4GB ram for socket FM1 boards?

More about : memory problems

March 1, 2012 10:02:32 PM

How did you find out that your memory is incompatible? What of it is incompatible? I would think it would be compatible with your mobo. The memory MUST be in the mobo as well as a processor, integrated graphics/gpu, and PSU for your bios to pop up.

Score

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
March 1, 2012 10:11:18 PM

the ram is fine it should work perfectly try this checklist and see if the problem is still there
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
Related resources
March 9, 2012 6:28:32 AM

Okay thanks h3sham.
Score
March 9, 2012 6:28:48 AM

Best answer selected by Stuggy.
Score
a c 146 } Memory
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 9, 2012 6:40:59 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score