2 monitors with dual view on GeForce 6150 LE

iamfratty

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I have an HP Pavilion Media Center a1630n. 3.5 ram, Athlon 64 X2 (W) 4600+ 2.4 GHz, Win xp 32bit media center edition. The video card that came with it was Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE. I put an Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 640mb Gddr3 in it. When I bought it way back when I used it for gaming and such. Now the computer is just used for work. I have 2 monitors hooked up to it for dual view. It has 2 dvi inputs so each monitor was hooked up to each input. The Geforce 8800GTS just died on me. So it is now using the original GeForce 6150 LE, and using just 1 monitor in the original vga input.

I want to still use 2 monitors on it using dual view. Can I just buy a vga splitter (http://bit.ly/hcZq10) and hook 2 monitors to it while using that original GeForce 6150 LE? Or will that be too much for it? Would I be better off buying another Geforce 8800GTS 640mb (or similar). Keep in mind that I only use it for web development/design work. Not gaming.

A splitter will give you the same display on both screens.

You need another video card to run dual monitors. Don't bother with another 8800, aside from being a bit older now, they look to fail a lot and are overkill for basic work. For a fairly cheap card that will still run games OK when you want to, get a Radeon 4650.