THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB MEMORY

THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB VIDEO MEMORY WHEN I TRY AND PLAY BUT I HAVE 16MB
8 answers Last reply
More about this game memory
  1. spinel said:
    THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB VIDEO MEMORY WHEN I TRY AND PLAY BUT I HAVE 16MB


    Well - your sorted...(assuming you not got your GB and MB mixed up) well done... thanks for sharing.

    Didnt occur to you to mention the name of the game if you want help? :pt1cable:

    Perhaps it meant 2GB of graphic mem... If you actually took 2 seconds to make a decent post - perhaps it woul dhave been clearer :(

    Cheers
  2. Is your computer from 1997?
  3. yoji said:
    Well - your sorted...(assuming you not got your GB and MB mixed up) well done... thanks for sharing.

    Didnt occur to you to mention the name of the game if you want help? :pt1cable:

    Perhaps it meant 2GB of graphic mem... If you actually took 2 seconds to make a decent post - perhaps it woul dhave been clearer :(

    Cheers


    Can't be 2GB VRAM. No game require that. Also according to this logic the OP should have 16 GB VRAM card and there is no GPU with that amount of memory now.
    It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on.
  4. FunSurfer said:
    Can't be 2GB VRAM. No game require that. Also according to this logic the OP should have 16 GB VRAM card and there is no GPU with that amount of memory now.
    It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on.


    WTF... why you having a pop at me?

    My whole post was to emphasise what a crap post from OP. And whats with "according to this logic"??? who says he not getting confused between video and main?
    and re "It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on."... no *** Sherlock!!!

    Considering the whole crap nature of th epost - it was not even worth going down that line.
    Cheers
  5. 2mb is minimum but the

    Recommended:

    Pentium® 90
    Windows® 95/98
    4x CD-ROM Drive
    16Mb RAM
    Graphics Card DirectX ™ 5 Compatible
    DirectX ™ 5 compatible sound card
    18.5Mb free hard disk space
  6. Video RAM is not the same thing as memory. Do you have onboard video, or a dedicated video card? If onboard, then your video card shares some of your system memory it may not have its own dedicated memory. You may need to go into the BIOS and set the reserved amount of memory set aside for the video to something above the minimum amount the game requires to run. (2MB or more)
    There could be other reasons why the game is not running depending on how dated your hardware is, and this just happens to be a sort of general "I cannot figure out how to make this game run on this system" type of message.
  7. duxducis said:
    2mb is minimum but the

    Recommended:

    Pentium® 90
    Windows® 95/98
    4x CD-ROM Drive
    16Mb RAM
    Graphics Card DirectX ™ 5 Compatible
    DirectX ™ 5 compatible sound card
    18.5Mb free hard disk space


    Im missing something... how do you know what game he talking about? I can see no reference... am I being dense? (quite possible!!! :pt1cable: )

    Cheers
  8. yoji said:
    WTF... why you having a pop at me?

    My whole post was to emphasise what a crap post from OP. And whats with "according to this logic"??? who says he not getting confused between video and main?
    and re "It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on."... no *** Sherlock!!!

    Considering the whole crap nature of th epost - it was not even worth going down that line.
    Cheers


    Well, at least I was right, he wasn't confused...
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/117639-13-this-game-memory
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Video Memory Games