THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB MEMORY

Last response: in Memory
February 25, 2012 10:49:36 AM

THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB VIDEO MEMORY WHEN I TRY AND PLAY BUT I HAVE 16MB

More about : game 2mb memory

February 25, 2012 11:08:22 AM

spinel said:
THIS GAME SAYS IT NEEDS 2MB VIDEO MEMORY WHEN I TRY AND PLAY BUT I HAVE 16MB

Well - your sorted...(assuming you not got your GB and MB mixed up) well done... thanks for sharing.

Didnt occur to you to mention the name of the game if you want help? :pt1cable: 

Perhaps it meant 2GB of graphic mem... If you actually took 2 seconds to make a decent post - perhaps it woul dhave been clearer :( 

Cheers
a b } Memory
February 25, 2012 11:21:32 AM

Is your computer from 1997?
Related resources
February 25, 2012 11:24:17 AM

yoji said:
Well - your sorted...(assuming you not got your GB and MB mixed up) well done... thanks for sharing.

Didnt occur to you to mention the name of the game if you want help? :pt1cable: 

Perhaps it meant 2GB of graphic mem... If you actually took 2 seconds to make a decent post - perhaps it woul dhave been clearer :( 

Cheers

Can't be 2GB VRAM. No game require that. Also according to this logic the OP should have 16 GB VRAM card and there is no GPU with that amount of memory now.
It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on.
February 25, 2012 11:32:01 AM

FunSurfer said:
Can't be 2GB VRAM. No game require that. Also according to this logic the OP should have 16 GB VRAM card and there is no GPU with that amount of memory now.
It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on.

WTF... why you having a pop at me?

My whole post was to emphasise what a crap post from OP. And whats with "according to this logic"??? who says he not getting confused between video and main?
and re "It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on."... no *** Sherlock!!!

Considering the whole crap nature of th epost - it was not even worth going down that line.
Cheers
February 25, 2012 11:49:43 AM

2mb is minimum but the

Recommended:

Pentium® 90
Windows® 95/98
4x CD-ROM Drive
16Mb RAM
Graphics Card DirectX ™ 5 Compatible
DirectX ™ 5 compatible sound card
18.5Mb free hard disk space
a b } Memory
February 25, 2012 12:47:11 PM

Video RAM is not the same thing as memory. Do you have onboard video, or a dedicated video card? If onboard, then your video card shares some of your system memory it may not have its own dedicated memory. You may need to go into the BIOS and set the reserved amount of memory set aside for the video to something above the minimum amount the game requires to run. (2MB or more)
There could be other reasons why the game is not running depending on how dated your hardware is, and this just happens to be a sort of general "I cannot figure out how to make this game run on this system" type of message.
February 25, 2012 12:51:21 PM

duxducis said:
2mb is minimum but the

Recommended:

Pentium® 90
Windows® 95/98
4x CD-ROM Drive
16Mb RAM
Graphics Card DirectX ™ 5 Compatible
DirectX ™ 5 compatible sound card
18.5Mb free hard disk space

Im missing something... how do you know what game he talking about? I can see no reference... am I being dense? (quite possible!!! :pt1cable:  )

Cheers
February 25, 2012 1:25:04 PM

yoji said:
WTF... why you having a pop at me?

My whole post was to emphasise what a crap post from OP. And whats with "according to this logic"??? who says he not getting confused between video and main?
and re "It is also unclear what is the machine that the OP is trying to run the game on."... no *** Sherlock!!!

Considering the whole crap nature of th epost - it was not even worth going down that line.
Cheers

Well, at least I was right, he wasn't confused...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/117639-13-this-game-m...
!