adding memory to compaq presario 2100?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
April 15, 2005 1:18:37 PM

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 with only 250 mb of ram memory.

Is it possible to add another 250 mb myself, or do I have to go to a
computer service person todo the job?

all replies welcomed.

Aaron in
seattle (for 5 days)
April 15, 2005 9:12:07 PM

Both memory sodimms should be accessible via the bottom of the laptop.
Should be a piece of cake, it is on my Compaq Presario 2232US.

<aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
I have a Compaq Presario 2100 with only 250 mb of ram memory.

Is it possible to add another 250 mb myself, or do I have to go to a
computer service person todo the job?

all replies welcomed.

Aaron in
seattle (for 5 days)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 9:03:55 PM

Yes, physically it's one of the easiest upgrades you perform on a laptop.
What you need to watch is the type of memory you need. I bought memory I
thought would work with my ancient Presario, only to discover it must have
16 memory chips on the SODIMM and not 8. I bought some with 8 and only half
the memory was recognized. When I got the 16-chip kind it was all there.

"BR549" <nospams@spam.com> wrote in message
> Both memory sodimms should be accessible via the bottom of the laptop.
> Should be a piece of cake, it is on my Compaq Presario 2232US.
>
> <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have a Compaq Presario 2100 with only 250 mb of ram memory.
>
> Is it possible to add another 250 mb myself, or do I have to go to a
> computer service person todo the job?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
April 19, 2005 2:45:44 AM

note to all who replied quickly to my inquiry! Following your posts,
I went immediately to a PC Club store in Seattle. one of the clerks
was very accomodating and unscrewed the panel that contained the
existing 256 mb ram memory & immediately determined by exact matching,
what type of memory was needed to add & he very kindly inserted the
additional module without charge & tested it. Cost was $32. My
appreciation for your replies. The laptop now opperates at
considerably faster speed. Best, Aaron

!