i'm having trouble getting my new wireless adapter to work. It has trouble connecting (if it does at all it is really really slow). I have disabled all firewalls anti viruses ect. but still no luck. Any ideas?
Windows 7 Ultimate
gigabyte ep43-ud3l motherboard
2wire 1000hg wireless router (old but new laptops have no issues connecting).
*all drivers/firmware are updated
And this happends to matter the distance from the router.
More about :dlink wireless n150 desktop pci adapter
October 24, 2010 7:01:41 AM
"And this happends to matter the distance from the router." Huh ?
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.