Sign in with
Your question

GTX 460 MSI Hawk

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2011 3:45:10 PM

No question this time, just wanted to share that recently I bought GTX 460 MSI Hawk.

Apart from everything else it has to offer, one think I want to point out... IT IS ABSOLUTELY SOUNDLESS...AND I MEAN NO SOUND AT ALL.

This was one of my biggest concern as in the future I was thinking to hv a SLI and since I had heard that some cards do make lots of noise, having two of such cards can be a disaster.

MSI has really done a great job in putting those twin fans such that I do not hear them at all. Initially I was thinking to buy Cyclone however, call it a luck the dealer did not have Cyclone at that moment though he promised me, so he gave me HAWK instead at the same rate. Now I think while Cyclone is no less than Hawk however having such large fan would surely have made some noise.

More about : gtx 460 msi hawk

a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2011 4:18:57 PM

Phenom II X6 1055T
MSI 890 GXM
4 GB DDR3
ATI 6087 1 GB DDR5 ????
a c 595 U Graphics card
January 19, 2011 5:48:12 PM

I'm glad you are happy with the noise levels. Guru3d recorded a noise level of 43Db for the Hawk, which actually placed it among the noisier versions of the GTX460. For comparison, they recorded noise levels of 37Db for the Gigabyte SOC and the ECS Black.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-...
Related resources
January 19, 2011 8:42:04 PM

I'm debating on waiting for the 560. But I really don't play that many graphic intense games (mainly WoW). But you never know maybe I'll get into something else -_-. I was actually thinking about getting the MSI hawk or EVGA 460. IDK what to do!

I wish they would release the confirmed price on the 560 because the rebate and sale of the MSI hawk go away the day before it comes out.
January 20, 2011 12:46:30 AM

rocky41 said:
Phenom II X6 1055T
MSI 890 GXM
4 GB DDR3
ATI 6087 1 GB DDR5 ????

Yeah,, intitially I was planning to buy 6087 and was so excited about it that even entered as a config here as well before the purchase , however did not buy it. I tried to edit the config here afterwards but somehow even after doing several times it keeps on showing 6087.
January 20, 2011 1:00:18 AM

17seconds said:
I'm glad you are happy with the noise levels. Guru3d recorded a noise level of 43Db for the Hawk, which actually placed it among the noisier versions of the GTX460. For comparison, they recorded noise levels of 37Db for the Gigabyte SOC and the ECS Black.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-...

Well, I definitely have not tested the way these people have. I am just a user and writing based on my use and feel. Perhaps my hexacore which is without any heat sink makes enuf noise ( a little HUMMMMM) which is suppressing all the noise from HAWK. Though with MSI motherboard I hv this feature where I can reduce the CPU fan to 50% of its speed thus reducing the sound as well and even then I did not hear if HAWK was there.

End of the day, I am extremely happy with this card. This CARD makes GTA IV run the way I had imagined and wanted + no sound.
!