TV Tuner Card Stops My Internet, Help!!!

kr0490

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I just bought an AMD Theater HD 750 TV Tuner PCIe Card for my PC. When I install the drivers my wired internet stops being able to connect. And when i try to run the troubleshooting diagnostics it gets to resolving problems, then my computer freezes. I did system restore and it was working again, went through the same steps and got the same problem? Any ideas. The tuner card is supposed to work with my PC. Thanks for any help! :)

Solution
Okay ... you have two PCIe slots that the tuner card can be plugged into.

If you plug it into slot A, the network port stops working.

If you plug it into slot B, it isn't detected by Windows.

Sounds like the slots share resources with other stuff on the board.

Will Windows detect the tuner card (in the gray slot) after a reboot or a cold boot? If not, then it's likely not compatible with your board.

Edit: If another user got it to work on the same board, then you'll have to ask them exactly how they did it.

kr0490

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
i switched it to the other slot, now internet works, but it has an exclamation point by it in device manager and says something like cannot start, code 10, and if i right click in device manager and scan for hardware changes, it disappears completely from the list. And i have the latest drivers.

Okay ... you have two PCIe slots that the tuner card can be plugged into.

If you plug it into slot A, the network port stops working.

If you plug it into slot B, it isn't detected by Windows.

Sounds like the slots share resources with other stuff on the board.

Will Windows detect the tuner card (in the gray slot) after a reboot or a cold boot? If not, then it's likely not compatible with your board.

Edit: If another user got it to work on the same board, then you'll have to ask them exactly how they did it.

Solution

kr0490

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
My motherboard manual says something about after installing an expansion card slot, changing necessary settings in the bios, and assigning an IRQ to the card. It also says something about when using PCI cards on shared slots, ensure that the drivers support "share IRQ" or that the cards do not need IRQ assignments. Otherwise, conflicts will arise between the two PCI groups, making the system unstable and the card inoperable.

Does this pertain to my problem, because it does talk about possilbe confilcts occuring. If so, what do i need to do?

here is a picture of an IRQ chart in my manual if needed

IMG_0136.jpg

Thanks! :)

P.S. Sry for sideways and LQ picture, took with my phone

kr0490

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Im returning my card to micro center and am instead going to get the USB version of the tuner, has all the same functionality, with none of the hassle (or at least i hope not). Thanks for the input and help! :)

TRENDING THREADS