Solved

Video card upgrade

Hello,
I have a NVIDIA GForce MX4000 now and am trying to run flight sim X by microsoft.
This card does not have a shader or one intergraded in it that will allow the program to execute its graphic.
What card should I upgrade to?

Nino
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about video card upgrade
  1. Can you post your motherboard and power supply, but it is very doubtful that we can find a graphics card that will run FSX well on a system that old.
  2. Nino778 said:
    Hello,
    I have a NVIDIA GForce MX4000 now and am trying to run flight sim X by microsoft.
    This card does not have a shader or one intergraded in it that will allow the program to execute its graphic.
    What card should I upgrade to?

Nino

My mother board is an AMD Athlon TM XP3000
    SCSI RIAD controller

I am aware of the limits to this system due to its age. I have added 2 GB of ram and can run the simulator X but not the 3rd disk that requires a shader in the graphics card.
    I don't expect it to run like an I core 7,,,,,,,just get by for now.

Thanks for responding
  3. Can you give us the exact make and model of your Motherboard?
  4. Best answer
    Nino778 said:
    My mother board is an AMD Athlon TM XP3000
    SCSI RIAD controller

I am aware of the limits to this system due to its age. I have added 2 GB of ram and can run the simulator X but not the 3rd disk that requires a shader in the graphics card.
    I don't expect it to run like an I core 7,,,,,,,just get by for now.

Thanks for responding

well its an AGP board so even tho im an ATI/AMD guy i would go for the 7800gs agp CARD...can be found on the bay for roughly 50 chips
  5. Thanks Jay

Nino
  6. omnisome said:
    Can you post your motherboard and power supply, but it is very doubtful that we can find a graphics card that will run FSX well on a system that old.

Thanks for the info Omini

Nino
  7. Best answer selected by Nino778.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Microsoft Nvidia Graphics