Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking programs for fan speed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2011 7:35:41 PM

okay for some reason even after a fresh install of win 7 CCC causes my computer to bluescreen, i am using the drivers that came with my cards(asus ares) and specifically made for them so they are here to stay, all i need is any 3rd party OC'ing program that i can use the control my fan speeds i tried using msi afterburner and it freakin sucks and wont keep my fan speeds(i dont give a crap about how bad people say CCC is, it does or did what it was told) and i dont know any other programs so if someone could give me a list i would be grateful
January 19, 2011 8:20:02 PM

Quote:
MSI Afterburner is the best. Try making a custom fan profile

how about giving me a real answer
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2011 11:29:35 PM

I also use Afterburner and it works great.
All it takes is LEARNING how to USE it
Is that a real enough answer for you?
m
l
Related resources
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 20, 2011 12:00:07 AM

MSI afterburner is the best util for that and i use it myself. if its not working for you then you arent using it properly.
m
l
January 20, 2011 12:00:13 PM

wow i thought this would be a place to get an answer, guess not
m
l
January 25, 2011 11:45:42 PM

can someone please list some OC programs OTHER than msi after burner?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2011 1:13:29 PM

Thing is most people use MSI Afterburner because it is the best tool available and those that do not use it mainly use CCC or the tools that come with their specific GPU -- the problem might also be the driver version that you are insisting on keeping since some driver versions had problems with controlling the fan speed but you are insistent on keeping them so if that is the problem no suggestion is going to help.

Also the Asus Ares is a dual GPU on a single card which has 2 8-pin and 1 6 pin aux power connector so is pulling a lot of juice and by design has a lot of issues so there could be any number of reasons for the blue screen other than the fan speed so that may not even be the issue to start with.
m
l
January 28, 2011 12:08:08 AM

MY GOD YOU PEOPLE GIVE THE WORST ANSWERS!!!!!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2011 1:43:33 AM

wesley-mcg- said:
MY GOD YOU PEOPLE GIVE THE WORST ANSWERS!!!!!

MY GOD YOU'RE A NOOB FOR NOT KNOWING HOW TO USE GOOGLE AND LEARNING HOW TO USER AFTERBURNER!!!!!
m
l
!