Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2011 8:19:35 AM

Hello,
what is the deference between core i3 and dual core proser

More about : core

June 24, 2011 8:31:31 AM

Core i3 is a dual core processor that has hyper threading technology (HT). This means it has 2 physical cores and 2 virtual cores. This processor can handle 4 threads.
a c 453 à CPUs
June 24, 2011 8:43:29 AM

HT is only found on the Core i7 CPUs; it does not exist in the Core i3 or i5 series.

"Dual Core" is a generic term used for any CPU that has two cores. That applies to AMD and Intel CPUs. It even applies to those little CPUs used in cellphones.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 24, 2011 8:54:02 AM

jaguarskx said:
HT is only found on the Core i7 CPUs; it does not exist in the Core i3 or i5 series.

"Dual Core" is a generic term used for any CPU that has two cores. That applies to AMD and Intel CPUs. It even applies to those little CPUs used in cellphones.

???"HT is only found on the Core i7 CPUs; it does not exist in the Core i3 or i5 series"???

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=46472

Please concentrate at the line "Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology ........... YES"
a c 75 à CPUs
June 24, 2011 10:59:53 AM

Also remember there are differences between first gen i series and the second gen we have now. What greg mentions sounds like the second gen.
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2013 5:31:56 AM

jaguarskx said:

Incorrect. All core I3's have hyperthreading.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/All-Core-i3-Mo...
a c 318 à CPUs
November 21, 2013 7:22:17 AM

Every Core i3 in existence has a been a dual core cpu with hyperthreading. 2 logical cores per physical.

There are Core i5s that are dual core with hyperthreading, but they also have turbo.
!