Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't install AI Suite ll on P9X79 WS

Last response: in Motherboards
February 26, 2012 2:37:36 AM

I downloaded the most updated AI Suite ll from Asus on my Motherboard's page. After extracting the files I try launching the Asus Setup file (I have tried the option to run with administrator privileges) and more requests to run a file (I see they are from the AI suite download) and I click yes on all of the request, yet no installer screen comes up. Nothing installs.

More about : install suite p9x79

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 5:10:30 AM

Are u getting any error msg's?
Score
February 26, 2012 5:15:26 AM

No bro no installer window even comes up
Score
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 5:17:45 AM

Are u trying to install from the zipped file or unzipped?
Score
February 26, 2012 5:28:52 AM

nikorr said:
Are u trying to install from the zipped file or unzipped?

Unzipped
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 12:41:25 PM

IMO - don't use AI Suite or any Apps that are BIOS invasive; none of the Utilities are required. The ASUS AI Suite or Gigabyte's version, etc all are more problems than solutions.

'I' want total control of my BIOS and have no need to an App to conflict with my changes. The best analogy is 'too many cooks'. I 'get' the eye-candy need, but candy rots your teeth and in this case is the root issue for countless Threads and the problems caused.

If you're hell bent then make sure it's the latest AI Suite (2011.12.05 update) or and if needed install in safe-mode; yuck -> http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/P9X7...
Score
February 26, 2012 4:30:50 PM

jaquith said:
IMO - don't use AI Suite or any Apps that are BIOS invasive; none of the Utilities are required. The ASUS AI Suite or Gigabyte's version, etc all are more problems than solutions.

'I' want total control of my BIOS and have no need to an App to conflict with my changes. The best analogy is 'too many cooks'. I 'get' the eye-candy need, but candy rots your teeth and in this case is the root issue for countless Threads and the problems caused.

If you're hell bent then make sure it's the latest AI Suite (2011.12.05 update) or and if needed install in safe-mode; yuck -> http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/P9X7...

Ok fine I won't download them, but what do you mean when you said yuck and you pointed to the link of my mobo's homepage. Are you saying my mobo is ugly?
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 4:38:22 PM

Yuck to the AI Suite! I pointed to the download page. No, the ASUS P9X79 WS is 'sexy'!
Score
February 26, 2012 10:23:38 PM

jaquith said:
Yuck to the AI Suite! I pointed to the download page. No, the ASUS P9X79 WS is 'sexy'!

That's what I thought lol. I mean who can say that to a mono that has 6 full length PCI-e slots that supports up to quad sli!

What would you recommend for replacement software for the ai suite?
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 10:56:01 PM

I agree 100% with Jaquith on that AI II use : ))
Score

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 26, 2012 11:07:57 PM

xninelives said:
That's what I thought lol. I mean who can say that to a mono that has 6 full length PCI-e slots that supports up to quad sli!

What would you recommend for replacement software for the ai suite?

To the OC, u can use the guides.
February 27, 2012 3:24:26 AM

Best answer selected by xNiNELiVES.
Score
February 27, 2012 3:37:05 AM

nikorr said:
To the OC, u can use the guides.

I don't think I'm gonna OC, I was mainly interested in the fanxpert plus. This is my first build, and at first it wouldn't work because of the ram, and then I just had problems with my GPUS overheating because they were too hot. the fans weren't adjusted right, I had to download MSI Afterburner which works great to set a fan profile. I just wanna get my machine funning well and play BF3 on ultra settings which in most cases I can't because of SLI stuttering. So I can play on high fine. But I mean this is ridiculous why is there sli issues with BF3, A hell of a popular game. I can't be just from my GPUs not being able to run it not my connection. I can run bf3 at 70-80 fps on ultra when it doesn't lag. Very annoying.
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 27, 2012 12:47:23 PM

I also use MSI Afterburner, and the only stuff I mess with 99% of the time are the core and memory clocks; i.e. leave the GPU's fan control alone. Further, if you have a reference GPU i.e. single fan then yeah sure those will overheat easy.

In the BIOS you can ramp-up the fan profiles, but it won't do you any good if there's poor planning with airflow and/or the case is poorly ventilated.

My approach was a front/bottom (in ; 3x120's) and a top/rear (out 3x120's); my case also has a 240mm, but I'm even still trying to figure out (in or out).

Reference GPU (poor for OC):

Non-Reference GPU (better for OC):

Then there's putting GPU's side to side with no gaps...same problem.
Score
February 27, 2012 6:43:13 PM

jaquith said:
I also use MSI Afterburner, and the only stuff I mess with 99% of the time are the core and memory clocks; i.e. leave the GPU's fan control alone. Further, if you have a reference GPU i.e. single fan then yeah sure those will overheat easy.

In the BIOS you can ramp-up the fan profiles, but it won't do you any good if there's poor planning with airflow and/or the case is poorly ventilated.

My approach was a front/bottom (in ; 3x120's) and a top/rear (out 3x120's); my case also has a 240mm, but I'm even still trying to figure out (in or out).

Reference GPU (poor for OC):
http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/14-130-587-TS?$S300W$

Non-Reference GPU (better for OC):
http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/14-121-432-TS?$S300W$

Then there's putting GPU's side to side with no gaps...same problem.

I'm not overclocking, I'm just trying to get some slightly better temps. I get 45 degrees idle (GPU, GTX 470 SLI)
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 27, 2012 7:27:43 PM

Then there's absolutly no need to use MSI Afterburner; IMO uninstall it. Mid 40's C is typical for the GTX 470's.
Score
February 27, 2012 8:12:53 PM

jaquith said:
Then there's absolutly no need to use MSI Afterburner; IMO uninstall it. Mid 40's C is typical for the GTX 470's.

Well very low fifties usually but that's without the fan control from MSI afterburner, I set my fan speed on 50% now to obtain the mid 40s temps.
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 27, 2012 8:33:50 PM

Do what you want, mid-40's C is typical Idle temps, higher under load. Get into the higher 70's C and then I'd be looking. Run the fan @ whatever %, it's your ears. I'm assuming you either have a reference GPU i.e. (1) fan and 6/6-pin, and if they're butt-to-butt add in a few more C (5C~10C), if they're loaded-up with dust then a few more C.
Score
February 27, 2012 9:04:43 PM

jaquith said:
Do what you want, mid-40's C is typical Idle temps, higher under load. Get into the higher 70's C and then I'd be looking. Run the fan @ whatever %, it's your ears. I'm assuming you either have a reference GPU i.e. (1) fan and 6/6-pin, and if they're butt-to-butt add in a few more C (5C~10C), if they're loaded-up with dust then a few more C.

Yeah I do get in higher 70s but trust me I have sufficient cooling in my case, I have 9 fans!
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 28, 2012 12:13:45 AM

The number to a degree is important, but it's better to have slightly >CFM out and airflow that makes sense. If you are OC both CPU and GPS(s) to the point everything is running hot and noise is high then it's time to invest in blocks and water cooling. Corrects both issues.
Score
February 28, 2012 2:24:02 AM

jaquith said:
The number to a degree is important, but it's better to have slightly >CFM out and airflow that makes sense. If you are OC both CPU and GPS(s) to the point everything is running hot and noise is high then it's time to invest in blocks and water cooling. Corrects both issues.

Yeah. Don't know how to create a water cooling system though. Now I'm having a problem with adjusting my memory timing. I'm experiencing freezes from it (actual computer lockup that requires restart) and anyways I heard you are supposed to adjust your timings so your memory is configured with your system in dram timings in the bios. My ram timing is 9-9-9-24 at 1.6 volts and info on how to set that?
Score
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 28, 2012 2:46:37 PM

Start a new Thread. In it list:
1. MOBO (P9X79 WS)
2. BIOS version
3. Exact RAM Kit(s) ; I prefer a link
3. SATA -> RAID or AHCI

copy/paste the above info. This Thread is answered.
Score
February 28, 2012 6:34:11 PM

jaquith said:
Start a new Thread. In it list:
1. MOBO (P9X79 WS)
2. BIOS version
3. Exact RAM Kit(s) ; I prefer a link
3. SATA -> RAID or AHCI

copy/paste the above info. This Thread is answered.

Ok thanks man
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 15, 2012 12:26:15 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!