Run out of memory?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hey all,

So i recently built a computer and it has been running flawlessly! Until recently....

I overclocked my CPU (intel i7 920) from 2.66 ghz to 4.01 ghz. Worked great for a few days, then for some reason became unstable. So I reset BIOS and loaded back into windows and all was well.

Now onto the problem: I have 6gb of Kingston 2000 mhz Hyper X ram. Coretemp says i run about 30% at idle ( a little high in my opinon.) I play BF3 a lot and have never had any problems until recently when the error comes up that I am running out of space and to close BF3?!?!? what? This shouldnt be happening. One time it even came on and said I was out of space on my 2gb DDR5 ram. ( MSI Radeon HD 6950 Frozr II OC)

Just looking for some answers, because honestly I dont know too much about the memory side of things. I checked my services and processes and do not see anything that looks too fishy.

Thanks in advance.

fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Wow...apparently is was set at 0 mb.

Ive seen some people say to turn it off on SSD's, which is what mine is. Windows & does a fine job managing paging files. This will defiantly increase my virtual memory lol..

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.