Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipes

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
After waiting 3 weeks, I received a new CyberPower PC yesterday. It won't run. I checked for loose connections and did their paper clip test. The fans run with the paper clip in place, but when everything is reconnected, only an LED on the motherboard lights. Nothing else. CyberPower is very slow to respond. Does anyone have any ideas? :cry:

Solution
I knew somebody that completely freaked out because his new computer wasn't working and it turned out to be something laughably simple. Here's my question: you know that switch on the back of your computer power supply? Make sure that's turned to the on position. :p
You have 30 days right? I think a system would have to be rocked pretty hard for something to come loose, though you've checked all the connections and they are fine.

My advice is make them take it back and fix it. This is a new system. It's not your job to make it work. I know it sucks to go without it even longer, but you need to hold them accountable for this quality issue... and you have to do it within the 30-day period to avoid any shipping cost.

Pipes

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Thank you for your response.

Certainly, you're right. Getting an RMA for the whole thing won't be easy though. Like I said, they're very slow to respond. I could grow old and die waiting for them on the phone and they seem to feel that one email a day is their quota.

Hard_Rain

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011

Getting an RMA for the whole system will not be a problem. Leave a message on their phone line, and they will return your call. My CP system arrived several weeks ago and, after booting up once, it died. The system would not post and all three error lights on the motherboard came on. On New Egg, I noticed that a few other users of my motherboard had similar issues...so I guess a got a bad one. Anyway, I called CP and they RMA'd the whole system. I also had them rewire the CPU power cord as the original wiring blocked the PCI slots.

My RMA'd system was returned to me last week and everything checks out OK. I did notice a few scratches on the window of my HAF-X, and so they are going to send me a new side panel.

I like their customer service, which is in CA rather than China. Yesterday, I called tech support of Asus and I got a guy in China who had me reflash my bios for no apparent reason before I was transfered to Asus tech support in the USA. Fortunately, I knew enough about my bios settings to reset everything---the system wouldn't even boot until I reset the Raid settings---but it pissed me off that he had me reflash the bios before determining if that was even necessary for my (minor) problem. Oh, btw, the problem I was having was a voltage error reading with the program, Asus PCProbe, and the USA tech support said it was a software glitch, LOL.

Pipes

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Thanks.
That's sounds somewhat encouraging. However, my experience hasn't been as pleasant, so far. They haven't said they wouldn't take it back. They just haven't responded. I don't want to be replacing parts that failed. I want a new computer that works.

Hard_Rain

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011

Not knowing what parts are causing your issue, it seems like the best course of action might be to RMA your whole system back to them. My experience has been that they return phone messages, but are slow with email. Good luck!

Pipes

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

I left a message. They haven't called. I'll give them until tomorrow afternoon. If I haven't heard from them by then, I'll call Amex and file a complaint. It's to bad that other companies don't model their customer service after Amex.

galeener

Distinguished
Make sure you call and email them everyday also post on their forums they tend to have a habit of waiting to respond or get with you around the time your 30days is comming to a close and then charge you for the shipping.
I like their systems don't get me wrong but it really is up to the consumer to pretty much research every piece as they will sell you what ever you list. Just like newegg or any other store. the only difference is you do get a warranty besides parts at cyberpower

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I knew somebody that completely freaked out because his new computer wasn't working and it turned out to be something laughably simple. Here's my question: you know that switch on the back of your computer power supply? Make sure that's turned to the on position. :p

Solution

Pipes

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
You're close! I had the main power switch on. The actual power button is black, just like the rest of the Apevia case. I had to get on my hands and knees with my glasses on to see it. I feel foolish, but CyberPower computers don't come with any documentation whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.