HP Compaq 6735s

gordonmac1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hi All, I'm the latest newby and I am looking for some help on where on the motherboard of a 6735s the Bios chip is placed. I need to replace it to try and solve a problem. So far I can not find the info on the HP site and they seem to want to keep Bio Chip placement on all models a secret. :fou: Cheers

You can't replace an hp bios chip easily, especially on a laptop. Your operating system won't even load with a non hp bios chip. You'd be better off selling your laptop and getting something else.

gordonmac1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012

Thank you for the information. I got the idea of an advertisement on ebay from a Dutch company who have a shop on it and are selling them and stating that they are programmed with the latest updated Bios information from the motherboard manufacturers. In fact I have just copied some of there ebay shop advert and here it is pasted so you can read it:

HP Compaq 6710B, HP Compaq 6710S, HP Compaq 6715B, HP Compaq 6715S, HP Compaq 6720S
HP Compaq 6730B, HP Compaq 6730S, HP Compaq 6735B, HP Compaq 6735S
You are bidding a "Brand-New" BIOS (SOIC 8-PIN) CHIP for one of the motherboards in the title of this auction item.

The chip will be programmed with the latest BIOS ID/version released from the motherboard manufacturer.
After purchasing, please feel free to contact with us regarding which HP Product model you’ve at this moment.

Brand-NEW, Not used or Refurbished, so buy with confidence.

You will need a new bios chip for the following purposes:
As a replacement chip for a defective BIOS Chip
As a BIOS upgrade chip for advanced features such as support for newer CPU, larger hard drive, more devices and fix for known bugs
As a backup chip in case the current BIOS Chip is corrupt
Why should you choose us as your BIOS Chip vendor?

We work in motherboard industry and have extensive motherboard knowledge to provide sale support.
We are a professional programming house with expertise and advanced equipment to program the BIOS Chip to meet your needs.
We carry "Brand-New" BIOS Chip of super quality from market leader such as Intel, PMC, ST, SST and WINBOND. Each chip is programmed and verified with the latest bios file released from the motherboard manufacturer.
After purchasing, we also provide 24 months guaranteed replacement warranty.