Sign in with
Your question

Trying to Add Custom Resolution...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2011 11:51:12 PM

So I'm trying to add a custom resolution to fix a problem I've been having with Beyond Good & Evil's aspect ratio. From what I could find on the web, the only way to add a custom resolution with ATI is to modify a registry value called DALNonStandardModesBCD1 found in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{#'s specified by driver}\0000.

There's easy to follow instructions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_7649449_add-custom-resolution-a...
But they are mirrored on a couple other forums as well.

The problem is that the resolution I want (1920x1440) just will NOT work. I was able to add 1400x800 with no issues but it doesn't seem to recognize the 1920x1440 resolution. My monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080 and I'm using an HD 5870 with Catalyst 10.12 and the Control Center Preview

More about : add custom resolution

January 20, 2011 12:04:24 AM

is there no .INI file that will just let you change the resolution from whatever to 1920x1440? (i've never played this game but many other games if the resolution is not supported you can do it that way)
m
l
January 20, 2011 1:21:59 AM

Mithness said:
is there no .INI file that will just let you change the resolution from whatever to 1920x1440? (i've never played this game but many other games if the resolution is not supported you can do it that way)

Yeah, I'm familiar with that, but no, there are NO ini files anywhere in the game folder nor in any folders in My Documents or AppData...even the save games are just .sav files in the main game folder (it's pretty old school). Only thing I could find is a folder in the registry at HKCU\Software\Ubisoft\Beyond Good & Evil\SettingsApplication.INI ...which is a little weird seeing as the FOLDER is basically the ini file...but anyways, all the settings for Shadows, Vysnch, AfterFX, etc... are all there, but nothing about resolution...
m
l
January 21, 2011 9:47:06 AM

Could you maybe add a line of text

ie: Resolution=1920x1440

maybe that will work and if not maybe theres a mod out there for higher resolutions or something.
m
l
!