Intel dg33fb wont load bios

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
i've been having problems with my pc lately and i have already updated my problem in my first thread under systems category but there wasn't much of a reply, so i have started a new thread here to find answers !!!

Problem: I've been trying to start my computer, but it hangs up with an error message. :sweat:

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version UPSD src 04-20-2007
>> > > Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
>> > > ** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
>> > > Please wait. This will take few seconds

Controller BUS #00, Device #IF, Function#02: 06 Ports, 01 Devices
PORT00: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT01: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT02: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT03: NO DEVICE DETECTED

My pc just shows this message whenever i try to use my pc and does not show even the intel motherboard's logo at the begining of the boot,

The keyboard doesn't seem to response, it gives annoying jammed beep sound whenever i strike a key!!!

Could someone please rectify this problem, Need help desperately!!! :(

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Yes i have a SATA HDD , If the problem is undetection then what is the solution for it? :??:

I checked my HDD in another system with ASUS K8SX seriers motherboard, and surprisingly it booted upto windows boot screen and then it was restarted back from the start.(must be probably i was trying load HDD to a different pc configuration or specs!!!!

But then i checked BIOS settings, the HDD was not detected!!! :pfff:

This is really a weird problem i'm experiencing any help? :(

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
"We might have a case of crashed HDD, when you hooked it into the other computer it tried to start from the drive or its original drive? If it is not detected by BIOS it can not boot"

Do u mean loading with both the faulty and original HDD at same time? well if that is, then its "NO"

I removed the original (IDE) HDD from other system i tested with it and replaced with THIS SATA HDD, never checked with both the drives at the same time!

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
so you still suggests that HDD is faulty?

Okay then i'll try replacing with a new HDD and message here how it goes..!!!! :)

But still i can't figure why mobo diddn't detect the HDD eventhough it was able to boot until windows load screen!? :??:

my pc's:
CURRENT: (4years old)
intel core 2 Quad Q6600
intel DG33FB Motherboard
Gforce XFX 8600GT Gcard
4 GB Transcend DDR 2 RAM (2GB in each slot)
Samsung LCD 19" monitor
450watts psu
Seagate HDD SATA 160GB
Windows 7 x64

OLD: (8 years old)
AMD Athlon 2800+
ASUS K8S MX series Mobo
1 GB RAM DDR
LG 15"CRT
450watts psu
Seagate IDE HDD 160GB
Windows XP x32bit

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hey i just made another test to confirm whether my HDD is really faulty!?

I removed the data and power cable from the SATA HDD , then i turned on my pc!
Now my pc starts to boot as it should, as i can able to see mobo's logo again but since discarded my HDD, the system shows "no drive detected" and "AHCI Bios not installed"!?

I plugged my pen drive which has a bootable windows 7 os installer, the system was able to detect the pen drive and opened up the windows 7 installer !!!
I connected the HDD and started pc along with the bootable pendrive and its back to same track again!!! :??:

Controller BUS #00, Device #IF, Function#02: 06 Ports, 01 Devices
PORT00: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT01: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT02: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT03: NO DEVICE DETECTED

Next i discarded the HDD again and plugged in bootable os, the installer opens up (Note: i know that its risky to touch or change system's components while runing!) but i just wanna know what happens if i conected the HDD while runing with an opened windows installer!!!

At next step of installing the windows where u have to select the drive to install the OS into the system, i was able to see all the drives that was inside the HDD but i can't install the OS.(i was unable to format either!!)
Right below the drive selection window there was a Note:"windows cannot be installed on the specified driver for info click here", so clicked to check it out and a message window appeared that "Windows cannot detect drive either the drive is not supported or not in right format" "MAKE SURE TO ENABLE DRIVER MANAGEMENT IN BIOS settings" sometthing like that !!!! :pfff:

What does this mean? And what does AHCI BIOS NOT INSTALLED indicate? :sweat:

i just wanna confirm before spending money on another HDD!!! please reply!!! :)

kris_27

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hey the HDD seem to be picking up paces!!!!
Since checking "AHCI bios not installed"
i just changed some Bios settings under peripheral device configuraton, there

i changed SATA detect type from (AHCI)-->to--> (IDE) :
and from (NATIVE)-->to--> (LEGACY)

and restarted pc and it booted into windows successfully(ALMOST) :sarcastic:
It seems my pc used my bootable pen drive as a recovery tool since its loaded with windows 7 os installer!!!! :??:

But then when i try to load my bootable pendrive pressing F10 to install new copy of windows at the time of boot, it's just being ignored and keeps loading into preloaded OS!! :sweat:

what's more!!! i can't chage the boot order in BIOS settings, it's just seem to be fixed!? :heink:

i usually don't have any problems in installing OS using my bootable pendrive, But now the system just uses it as winddows recovery tool, when i press F10 the only option i can see is"WINDOWS 7 (recovered)" and nothing else!!!!

When the pc starts without bootable pen drive it just hangs with a blinking "-" at the top of the screen!! and thats it!!!
But when starting my pc with the bootable pendrive, then the windows seem to be loading!!!!???? :pfff:

I JUST HOPE THAT I HAVE ONLY A FAULTY HDD, AND NOT A FAULTY MOTHERBOARD OR A CRASHED BIOS ASWELL!!! :sweat: :??: :(

i have asked the shopkeeper for an WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HDD since its out of stock i have to wait for two days to get my hands on it!!! :D

If there is anything i should know about this problem before getiing a new HDD please let me know!!! :hello: