Sony PCG-GRV670 Vaio BIOS question

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 15, 2005 8:11:08 PM

Is there any way to enter the BIOS on a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670 laptop? I have
tried just about everything but nothing gets me into the BIOS. Is this at
all possible in the first place? Thanks.
---
Splat
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 3:05:19 AM

"Splat" <spamspamspamspamspam> wrote in message
| Is there any way to enter the BIOS on a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670 laptop? I
have
| tried just about everything but nothing gets me into the BIOS. Is this at
| all possible in the first place? Thanks.
| ---
| Splat

Hi Splat -

Did you try F2 at the VAIO logo?

Jef
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 3:05:20 AM

"JefN" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:p MX7e.2072$J12.2015@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> Did you try F2 at the VAIO logo?

Hey Jef. Yeah, tried that. Nothing happens...it just continues to boot
normally.
---
Splat
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 3:05:21 AM

Splat wrote:
> "JefN" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:p MX7e.2072$J12.2015@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>> Did you try F2 at the VAIO logo?
>
> Hey Jef. Yeah, tried that. Nothing happens...it just continues to
> boot normally.
> ---
> Splat

Sony Notebook Setup contains almost all of the user accessible BIOS
settings. For accessing BIOS setup, start tapping F2 just after
pressing the power button.

a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 6:45:41 PM

Pull the RAM from slot 2 and try again.. Ive seen these do this before
on rare occasions as well as cause other issues. F-2 on boot..
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 8:47:32 PM

"ikenfixit" <ken@ikenfixit-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Pull the RAM from slot 2 and try again.. Ive seen these do this before
> on rare occasions as well as cause other issues. F-2 on boot..

For some strange reason, after months since trying it, I can now access the
bios via F2. Wierd. No problems with its ops.... programs run fine and I
even tried a memtest and Prime95a while back for the helluvit. Hey, it works
now so THANKS guys. :-)
---
Splat
!