Please help me

tomochick03

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
Hi I am new to this I am having problems with my AMD PHENOM II X6 1045T processor. It shuts down when I am on facebook but not World of Warcraft. Is there a problem with my video card (ATI Radeon HD 5570)? I am using a HPE-410y computer if that helps. It has 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
check the logs. Right click on Computer, select Manage, expand Event Viewerl and Windows Logs. You might be able to see what caused the crashes from one of the windows log option. It will give some idea.

Also it is good to check the memory for errors. Run Memtest (need to boot from a CD/DVD). Also check HDD manufacturer website for tools to see if there is any problems with your HDD.

And also good to check for virus. I recommend Malwarebytes. Run it in safe mode.

tomochick03

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011

I have tried the logs but nothing showed up. I have good virus protection and I checked to see if my processors were running properly and it shows they do. I guess it's something on facebook, but eventually I will buy a better graphics card. I just need to figure out what's best for my computer video card wise?