CAN Someone PLEASE Save My Day?!??

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Im So close to getting my GPU up and running, BUT Im installing an arctic cooling accelero xtreme. But now I can not connect the cooler onto my GPU card because My Heatsink that I installed on my GPU RAM is hitting the bracket on the cooler, so the screw holes cant align up. I applied the heat sink with Thermal adhesive Glue that it came with. And so in other words, the heatsinks are to close to the gpu chip, and need to be father towards the edge of the card. So is it okay to pull it off and re apply pushing them farther back, or will that damage the RAM? What should I do?

IMAGE: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7282/rimg0076.png

Thanks

If you can get a knife or something under them and gently pry them off. I doubt the glue has dried completely. Just be sure to keep ALL pressure you apply between the memory chip and the heatsink, do not pry or put any pressure at all between the memory and the board.
Next, and you know this is just me talking here, I would mount the large cooler first, and then mount the memory heatsinks afterward if at all possible.