Advice on build around RESERATOR1 V2 Fanless Water Cooling System

loady

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I have decided i am done with fans, i am going to upgrade my Pc using the RESERATOR1 V2 Fanless Water Cooling System, the water block it comes with is compatible with socket 1366, is this a good socket to base my new mobo on ?..i have some other questions below as well.

1. The i7 is a little to pricey for me, currently im have an i5 on a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD5 P55 Socket 1156, im looking to dump the mobo and chip into another pc, i am interested in the sandybridge i5 cpus but given my graphics card is a high end one is it pointless me getting one or will it enhance the performance of the graphics card ?..essentially..is there any point buying a sandybridge socket 1155 cpu over a i5 socket 1156 ?

2. If i was to lump for a SB cpu, then being aware of the issues with the first gen p67 boards what is the mobo of choice these days ? epox used to be quite good but of late i have used gigabyte, are they still forerunners and are thier P67 boards good ?

3. With regard to the water cooling i am looking at, i cant seem to see any 1155 socket water blocks, there are 1156 a plenty, are these of the same fit ?

I hope theres not to many questions here, i would really appreciate some input as i value good advice and opinions..please also mention other options or ideas.

Thanks