Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 dipping 3dmark scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

teroxgt

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
I recently built a new system and here are my specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1 GB (everything at stock)
8 GB Corsair XMS 3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 Mhz
1 TB WD Green HDD
Catalyst 10.12 drivers

I benched my system 3 days ago with 3Dmark06 and Vantage and got a score of 19980 and 15760 respectively. Yesterday I moved to a new location and shifted my PC here. And now I'm getting a score of 17800 in 3dmark06 and 12495 in Vantage! I checked all the connections and they were firmly fixed. Could anyone give any headers as to why my score just dipped enormously from one place to another?!

Solution
Maybe the new place is haunted by someone who doesnt like computers. I mean get real dude.

A "connection" would have nothing to do with it as either its connected and working or disconnected and not working.

Test parameters must have been different somehow, resolution, overclock, whatever, something was different, maybe some program running in the background. Who knows.
Maybe the new place is haunted by someone who doesnt like computers. I mean get real dude.

A "connection" would have nothing to do with it as either its connected and working or disconnected and not working.

Test parameters must have been different somehow, resolution, overclock, whatever, something was different, maybe some program running in the background. Who knows.

Solution

teroxgt

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
I didn't change anything. I transferred the pc as is from that place. The only change that I can think of is filling up my hard disk with data before coming here. And that certainly shouldn't cause the dip!

Status
Not open for further replies.