Hi,

I have the following case fans setup

using a COoler Master Elite 430 case

1 120mm front fan - intake
1 120mm bottom fan - intake
1 120mm side fan - intake
1 120mm rear fan - exhaust (high speed)
1 120mm top fan - exhaust

I have an overclocked Phenom II x4 955 BE at 3.8 ghz paired with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus cooler (stock fan). I have my idle temps at 32 to 37 degrees and at full load the temps are about 51 degrees (prime 95). Voltages set to 1.3375 in bios.

So I was thinking of adding another fan on my Hyper 212 plus cooler in push/pull config. So will my airflow improve if I add another 120mm fan in push/pull. But I was wondering if I have another 120mm fan set in push/pull, how will it exhaust the hot air from the CPU (top or rear itself).

So should I move the high speed fan to the top for exhaust if the push/pull exhausts the hot air from the top.
2 answers Last reply
More about phenom
  1. Doubt it will help much, you have more than adequate cooling. If you switched everything to Delta high CFM fans you might see some additional cooling. But dear lord I would hate to sit next to your PC.

You'd have to think water if you want significantly better cooling.
  2. ok, I know I have sufficient cooling but my only question to you is if I add another fan on my hyper 212 plus cooler. How will the hot air from it exhaust. will it exhaust from the top or rear.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master Cases Fan Phenom