My new build flashes on, then turns right back off.

Shadowd5

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
This is driving me nuts, because I've been having quite a few problems with this build... The flash works like I'll hit the power switch(which, unfortunately, doesn't have a power LED), and the LEDs in the fans and the power source will blink, along with the fans running, but it'll only do this for half a second, then turn right back off. To get it to do that again, I have to flip the power switch on the power supply off, then flip it back on.

Here are sone specs...
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB motherboard
Corsair XMS3 CMX12GX3M3A1333C9 memory (3x 4GB)
AMD Phenom II Black Edition processor
Corsair GS700 Power supply
XFX Radeon HD 5570 video card

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution

He doesn't need a PSU with higher rated power output; that build could run on a 650TX, probably even on less than that (although it's a pain to find good PSUs at that stage).

Okay, so you've checked your wiring, do you have any...

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I think you may need the 8-pin/4-pin for the CPU... Just check every cables if it's plugged in including the CPU Pins... By now you should realize that but if you did checked every cables, than it must be the PSU itself as some or few people got problem of it's not starting or dead on arrival... I woulda have gotten the Corsair Tx 750W V2 which is at same price and is better... If the PC start than turn off than start and turn off by itself than it's the 8 and 4 pin plug on the cpu(Next or near to it)...

Shadowd5

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

I have both cords plugged in. Same problem.

Wampbit

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

He doesn't need a PSU with higher rated power output; that build could run on a 650TX, probably even on less than that (although it's a pain to find good PSUs at that stage).

Okay, so you've checked your wiring, do you have any other PSUs which you could use? It sounds like either a bad PSU or a bad mobo (or an incorrect setup - do make sure you double check everything), the easiest thing to do would be to try and plug in a different PSU and see if you can boot into bios.

Alternately you could take out a multimeter and start checking voltages: check your manual for detailed information on voltages then switch your PSU on and measure the relevant voltages across your mobo.

Solution