Will my C2D e7300 bottleneck a HD5770?

linh6496

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
The e7300 is a stock at 2.66. I will be gaming at 1680 x 1050

EDIT: im also thinking about the 6850 or the GTX 460. Will the cpu bottleneck those cards?

I would say that you are likely being held back a bit. try scaling back the resolution, if the fps does not significantly improve, then you are being bottlenecked by your cpu. Beyong a "bottleneck" in some games that like fast quads you will definatley held back with respect to performance. I would oc that cpu a bit and see if your fps improve at all, if it does than your cpu is likely holding you back.

I would say that the 5770 is not worth buying at this point unless you are really strapped for cash (regardless of a small bottleneck) go for a 6850/gtx 460 imo that is the best buy for your res right now, and your could carry your gpu into a new build down the road...

huh im confused bro and frankly don't care... the op needs to oc and get a new gpu what else is there to discuss, I'm 28 years old if it makes a difference to you but I dont kow what your talking about, besides you are the one who called me a "euro" so drop it/