Sign in with
Your question

Power switch

Last response: in Components
June 25, 2011 3:58:02 PM

Hello, I just built
My first computer! The only problem was that I couldn't get it to turn on. No beeps, whirs, twitches, blinks, lights, or clicks. After a while I found in my Manuel that I was plugging the power switch Into some kind of alarm that goes of when the chassis is opened. My chassis didn't even have that, so it wouldn't turn on. But my Manuel shows no other places where the front power switch would plug into. I have an msi 785gtm-e45 mobo. I'm pretty sure everything else is done right, and my front panel power switch has a little wire with to holes on the end. Tysm!

More about : power switch

a c 1169 ) Power supply
June 25, 2011 5:06:21 PM

Connect the case's power switch leads to Pins 6 and 8 on header JFP1.

m
l
May 3, 2012 11:35:41 PM

KO--- Can you tell me the pin out on the mobo for a DELL GX400? Board part number 4H665? The front panel power switch board uses a 16 pin small connector, 2 rows of 8 with one corner blanked off, giving only 15 pins in use even though all 16 pins are used in the ribbon. I need to know which two pins to connect a standard single pole, single throw push to close power switch all cases use. Thanks. reeltoreelguy@gmail.com
m
l
a c 1169 ) Power supply
May 4, 2012 4:27:29 AM

rtrg said:
KO--- Can you tell me the pin out on the mobo for a DELL GX400? Board part number 4H665? The front panel power switch board uses a 16 pin small connector, 2 rows of 8 with one corner blanked off, giving only 15 pins in use even though all 16 pins are used in the ribbon. I need to know which two pins to connect a standard single pole, single throw push to close power switch all cases use. Thanks. reeltoreelguy@gmail.com

No I can't. Dell doesn't publish that kind of detailed information for their motherboards.
m
l
!