Lookin for a mobo to grow with

Doyo

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello all

I'm working on my first build. Trying to research things as I go, but it's a lot to take in at once!

Anyway, I managed to pick up a cheap Phenom II x4 955 BE, and am now looking to for a build around this, and something that I can upgrade the components as I go. I don't have the $$$ for a full build right now.

I'm looking for a mobo that will be able to last me a few years and an upgrade or two. I'm going pretty much bare bones on this build, so I'm hoping to find a good one for under $100. If possible, I would like AM3+ and USB 3.0

I do game, and it's mainly what the computer will be used for (SW:TOR for the moment). but I've got my old 8800 GT that I will use for starters until I can upgrade that too.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Yea um....880GT needs upgrade pronto. well i use AM3+ Sabertooth, but its about 80$ out of your budget. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131767

Thats gonna be about the best you can get for right at 100$, and if you plan on getting a NVIDIA card, make sure its one of the best mid range cards, cause SLI will not be capable (Without BIOS hack) and Crossfire is gonna be handy capped with the Second PCI Express slot a X4. So either AMD or NVIDIA Video card, make sure its a top of line card.. Get Kepler that 880GT should hold you for another month.

If i were you, be patient charge up all that money and unleash your super power when you have plenty to spend on it all. But if your trying to get into the game quick now, above is the way to go. and by the way your gonna just end up spending more money in the long run by spending a little here and there instead of saving it all to get the best parts and not having to minor upgrade. Trust me i did it once and i calculated it all i could have saved money by just saving up and waiting for the best to be here. I made the mistake by going AMD for my Second CPU and Motherboard. At first my performance was stellar and i couldn't understand why people were talking down about FX series but now after running the numbers and comparing scores and checking frames my FX 6100 is really not much of a improvement over my 955.