Fighters don't share ord and energy between fighter types.

I've been digging through the fighter combat code, and there is no
combining or averaging of fighter stats.

Each Fighter Type keeps its own banks of energy and ord and each
individual fighter makes its own attack runs, using its own stats and
only the energy and ord bank of its Fighter Type.

I'll be posting a summary of the information I've gleaned and the order
of events on the PlanetsWiki site:
http://shove-it.de/open/jochen/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
12 answers Last reply
More about fighters share energy fighter types

    Where is this code from?

    Thanks in advance :)

    >From the Tim.

    Wow. Great write-up in the wiki. It definitely helps make sense of
    some of the bizarre nature of fighters. I'm glad Tim changed them to
    not share energy and ord between fighter types.

    Lots of peculiar things to note. Attack Bonus is always 100 against
    other fighters. Small wings produce more energy per fighter than large
    wings. Robot fighters are tougher than they look (special rules),
    except against COM fighters. More than 18 points of Armor does not
    help against sandcasters. Sandcasters do better than triple damage
    against wings of more than 1000.

    I'll have to update my fighter formulas.

    Scytale

    I've included the Fighter vs Fighter psuedo code.

    I'm a little confused by the psuedo code, specifically by the line:

    "If High Guard present in Enemy Wing, increase Evasion Modifier by 0.4"

    Since Evasion Modifier is multipled into r0dds, wouldn't that increase
    the chances that the fighter is hit? Did you mean "decrease" instead?

    Scytale

    Very good catch. I've rechecked the code to make sure that wasn't a
    typo on my part, and that is how the code is written. I'll have to let
    Tim know about that one.

    Oops... I messed up. It isn't checking for Enemy High Guard. It is
    checking for High Guard on your own wing.

    So you get an increase in the rOdds as well as an increase in the
    Evasion modifier...

    Hmm.... That seems odd...

    According to Tim, the double increase is how it is supposed to work.

    Yeah, I had always thought that HG gave only a low, though probably not
    insignificant, bonus. As it is, I would consider including HG on each
    wing as their primary purpose! Other than, perhaps, as CoM, when I'd
    probably still load as many HG as I could on the Celestias.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Another thing I want to point out:

    Fightes can destroy bases AA and Ion guns (with base shild present). But
    only if Ion Guns are there.
    So if you build not Ion Gun the enemies fighter will not be able to destroy
    your AA-guns with active Baseshield.

    You need 60 fighters to have the half the time a chance to destroy a IC or
    AA with beams.
    You need 40 fighters to have the half the time a chance to destroy a IC or
    AA with missiles.

    As incoming fire never seems to decrease it is better to have many hits.

    Conclusion: Medium sized wings are best if you want to take a fortified
    base with fighters.

    More AA-Gun at the base lower the chances that a fighter will destroy a IC
    or AA.

    Question to Amaranthine :Is the Baseshield part of the Code in the in the
    hit-loop?
    Meanig: Does the chance to destroy the Baseshield will decrease with numbers
    of AA-guns present?

    Fighter-Fighter battles: If you want to kill enemy fighters use many small
    and cheap wings with HG on. The cheaper and more the better. With HG
    Accuracy and Power of Beams/Missiles are very dependend of HG boni and
    relativ independend of fighter stats. Also more hits more chances to hit the
    enemy soft spot and consider more hits more chances that the RND value in
    enemies Armor modifiers is very small..

    Greetings
    Sebastian
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Does AA guns fire at fighters, when the base shield is on ?

    I read that AA guns and Ion gun, do not shoot anymore, when the base shield
    is on.

    Lord Lancelot

    > Another thing I want to point out:
    >
    > Fightes can destroy bases AA and Ion guns (with base shild present). But
    > only if Ion Guns are there.
    > So if you build not Ion Gun the enemies fighter will not be able to
    > destroy
    > your AA-guns with active Baseshield.
    >
    > You need 60 fighters to have the half the time a chance to destroy a IC or
    > AA with beams.
    > You need 40 fighters to have the half the time a chance to destroy a IC or
    > AA with missiles.
    >
    > As incoming fire never seems to decrease it is better to have many hits.
    >
    > Conclusion: Medium sized wings are best if you want to take a fortified
    > base with fighters.
    >
    > More AA-Gun at the base lower the chances that a fighter will destroy a IC
    > or AA.
    >
    > Question to Amaranthine :Is the Baseshield part of the Code in the in the
    > hit-loop?
    > Meanig: Does the chance to destroy the Baseshield will decrease with
    > numbers
    > of AA-guns present?
    >
    > Fighter-Fighter battles: If you want to kill enemy fighters use many small
    > and cheap wings with HG on. The cheaper and more the better. With HG
    > Accuracy and Power of Beams/Missiles are very dependend of HG boni and
    > relativ independend of fighter stats. Also more hits more chances to hit
    > the
    > enemy soft spot and consider more hits more chances that the RND value in
    > enemies Armor modifiers is very small..
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sebastian

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    > Does AA guns fire at fighters, when the base shield is on ?

    Test again? Eh.... I think I miss.

    So please tell me the answer

    Greetings
    Sebastian