I5-2500K CPU temp on stock HSF

hasappra

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I didn't overclock my CPU and change any settings in my BIOS at all and I'm using stock HSF. My room temp is 29C. After I ran Prime95 Blend mode for a couple of hours, my Core temp can reach 74C max and 70C average. Is this normal?

Solution
Yes that's normal for an ambient temp @ 29c with a stock cooler. Of course other factor affects too such as what type of PC Casing are you using and does it has good airflow inside. Anyways Prime95 is stressful and for normal usage of your PC it wouldn't always be running on all 4 cores at 100% all the time. If you want better cpu temp try this aftermarket cpu cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212, , efficient and affordable.

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Yes that's normal for an ambient temp @ 29c with a stock cooler. Of course other factor affects too such as what type of PC Casing are you using and does it has good airflow inside. Anyways Prime95 is stressful and for normal usage of your PC it wouldn't always be running on all 4 cores at 100% all the time. If you want better cpu temp try this aftermarket cpu cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212, , efficient and affordable.

Solution