Video cards whats better

sappy4623

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Good morning to all . You all have given me great feed back in the past so here is my question , which video card is better , Radon or geforce , also would it be better to buy say a 600. dollar card or two 300. dollar cards ? In the past i have put two 300 dollar cards in and its hard to tell a differents between one and two so there it is as always thanks and I look forward to all answers .

Solution

to get any performance it's recommended that you have two of the same cards with the same clock speeds and so forth....i love my 480sli....did i mention that it's overclocked :) and on liquid :)

3lvis

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
First, both Radeon and Geforce are proven products that work well across many games....so asking which is better without a context for two complete product lines is akin to saying who would win in a fight the X men or the Justice league.

Secondly, 2 cards vs one card.....again with the "better" better for what? better for your wallet? better for thier profit margin? better at heating up the house? I know the answer is better at playing games ....but at what resolution, with in what budget, paired with which CPU?

Not knowing any of this I will proceed to try to answer your questions.

The best cards on the market are:
GTX 460 1 GB
GTX 560 ti 1GB
Radeon 5850 1GB
Radeon 6950 2GB

All 4 of these modern DX 11 cards hit the sweet spot on value/performance/efficiency.

What happens when you add a second card.....at best it translates into a ~40% increase in frame rates.

Is that better? Well for most of us that are gaming on 22"monitors or HDTV's that means going from 50-60 FPS to 75-85 FPS ....which results in little to no visible improvement.

If you bought the $600 card then you probably have an extreme CPU and an eyefinity Jumbo-tron set up to watch it on.

sappy4623

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
your right I should have put a what for on there . Its for games and on my sons computer I put the gtx460 on and then I added a 2nd one and I didnt see much difference and then I put a geforce 560 ti overclocked on mine and then added a 2nd and again there wasnt a great difference so thats where this question comes from .
My son told me its better because of the added FPS but for the price to me it wasnt that much . Maybe my expectations are to high I thought that it would be a picture that you could live in you no ??

sappy4623

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
WR2 all of your help has been great I have done everything that you have told me and it made my 1st and 2nd build a breeze so thanks and thanks to all the other people that helped me ..

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok, i have used products from both companies and i can tell you that nvidia makes better products....also nvidia's drivers are more stable.
CUDA outperforms Stream processing by two fold....if you do any kind of folding.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

to get any performance it's recommended that you have two of the same cards with the same clock speeds and so forth....i love my 480sli....did i mention that it's overclocked :) and on liquid :)

Solution