Mid tower case recommendation for 2600k & gtx 580 build

yellowmonkey

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

I am doing my first build and I can't decide on a case.

I live in a dorm so I would like a mid tower case that I wouldn't have much trouble carrying when I am moving in and out of my

dorm.

I am thinking about getting the p8p67 pro motherboard and I want the case to be big enough that I can do sli with an additional

gtx 580 in the future. I don't plan on doing any water cooling so water cooling compatibility is not really an issue for me, but I

would like a case with great air cooling capabilities.

I was leaning toward the lancool k62, but I realized that it is quite a bit heavier than other cases like haf 922 or cm 690 ii

advanced. If I were to get the cm 690 ii, I think I would be spending more than I want to on the fans. As for the haf 922, I

don't really like the look of the case. I also looked at some lian li cases since they were lighter, but they were more expensive

and I wasn't really sure about their cooling.

So, which case should I buy? I am not really partial to any of the ones that I mentioned and I would welcome any

suggestions. I would prefer it to be around $100 but I could go over a little bit if it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance

Solution
If you need a case that you will be carrying often then look for some quality handles on top. The CM Storm range will do it for you. Under 100$ there is the Storm Scout. Under 150$ the Storm Sniper is an excellent case.

epidot

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I just got my HAF 922 last week...its massive for a mid tower...at least in comparison to my 5 year old Antec 900. I looked at just about any case I could find prior to ordering the 922. Loads of room for even the longest vid cards. Lots of options for air flow and plenty of room for running wires out of sight.

If you need a case that you will be carrying often then look for some quality handles on top. The CM Storm range will do it for you. Under 100$ there is the Storm Scout. Under 150$ the Storm Sniper is an excellent case.

Solution