Thermaltake Level 10 GT or Corsair Obsidian 650d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thermaltake is $80 more, $120 after shipping and rebate, how are these two comparable choices?

I would pick neither, the corsair cases dont have enough spots for fans for cooling of big systems and are built more for a water cooled system. The price on the thermaltake turns me off, along with the looks but cases are more personal choices so if you like that thermaltake one it will keep things cool but it wouldnt be my pick.

Clearly the two cases mentioned here are not comparable. The level 10 GT is more of a lifestyle case whereas the Obsidian 650D is a more practical option. If I had 300$ to spend on a case today then i'll get the Silverstone Fortress FT02.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163161

^+1 to the Fortress. I love that case.

EDIT: Going to add something useful to the discussion.
Some of the Silverstone Fortress cases and Raven cases have 90-degree motherboard mounting, so the hot air is directed upward along the path it naturally travels. It's a bit more efficient than most other cases, but the only snag is if you have 2+ GPUs right next to each other. The air can't move sideways as easily, so the GPUs get pretty warm.

Other than that, they have a spectacular design and build quality.

OutFawksed

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
If you're just looking to air cool, both those cases are beyond excessive, personally I would go for a Lian Li if you have the money or a coolermaster HAF X, although the cooler master has looks that can strip paint. However a silverstone FT02 is a beautiful high quality case, it's up to you. THe Obsidian is overpriced and unnecessary for an air cooling system and the TT case is vulgar and ugly, IMO

OutFawksed

andrey64

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

amen to that!!! that FT02 is the BEST CASE IVE EVER SEEN!!! its both practical and omg that air flow is amazing! kinda hate the fact that its SO long and SO expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS