Sign in with
Your question

For those wondering about ASUS P8P67 Pro Vs. Deluxe

Last response: in Systems
March 25, 2011 5:53:45 PM

I'm currently in the process of doing a build and I know that I had a hard time finding a place that had a side by side comparison of the ASUS P8P67 Pro Vs. Deluxe, so I figured I would post what I was finally able to find.....

As you will see the two boards really are very, very similar at least in my opinion. I'm going to go with the Deluxe if I can find it, mainly just because that is what I had already decided on. I plan to do the build this weekend though and if I can't find the Deluxe then I won't have any problem going with the Pro version.

Hopefully this will help out if anybody is trying to compare.

Sorry if this is a dupe, I searched and couldn't really find any side by side comparisons like this.

a b Ĉ ASUS
March 26, 2011 12:06:02 PM

Hello again travis442;

It might be a good idea to post this question in the Motherboards & Memory Forum.
They might have some additional insight into the differences between the boards.
And I think they would love to see that chart. Very useful for a lot of what they do.

You could also lurk a bit over there and find a few prior topics on the same subject: P8P67 Pro or P8P67 Deluxe?
m
l
April 8, 2011 9:06:45 PM

I'm in the same boat deciding between Pro and Deluxe. I did noticed the difference in SATA storage controllers:

Pro - Marvell® 9120 controller 2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (navy blue)*

Deluxe - Marvell® PCIe 9128 SATA 6Gb/s controller with HyperDuo function*

HyperDuo function is pretty interesting, combining SSD and HDD to get 80% performance of a SSD. So you get the best of both worlds, capacity and speed for the fraction of the price of a >256GB SSD.

Here's a link to the datasheet PDF

Also looks like someone started a HyperDuo thread
m
l
April 8, 2011 10:44:10 PM

Also, the Deluxe comes with the front panel USB 3.0 drive bay attachment. I did notice the controller differences as well.
m
l
!